Camping

Danielle

"Danielle! It's time!" My little sister hyein shouts. I finish brushing my hair and glance at the clock near my bed, 8:30pm. "Shit we are late!" I say to myself as I grab my camping backpack and head downstairs.

"Hyein wait for me!" I yell and follow her out the front door.

"You made us late Danielle!" Minji yells from the driver's seat. "Only 30 minutes not that bad right?!" I smile nervously while glancing at my friends and sister who just glare at me.

"Anyways." Hanni shrugs and turns her head back to Minji who was next to her. "Hurry up Marsh so we can go camp and get eaten by wolves!" Hanni says to frighten me and it works. "I'ma sacrifice you first Pham!" I smile sweetly as I close the car door. "Off we go children." Minji sighs.

"I change my mind..I don't want to go camping anymore!" Hyein whines as she holds onto my arm for dear life.

"Don't be a coward!" Hanni rolls her eyes but then we hear a leaf crunch and she holds onto minjis arm for dear life. "Coward? More like you!" Hyein laughs at Hanni. "Shut up we both are cowards!" She pouts and minji chuckles while patting Hanni's head.

"I think this is a good spot?" I say as we are surrounded by trees, and nothing but the sound of falling leaves hitting the ground in utterly complete darkness. "Yeah..." Hanni says still never letting go of minji, poor minji. "Hyein it's okay we are all here and guess what?!" I say with excitement. I open my bag and bust out some of my butterfly knifes. "I'll protect y'all!" I say as I show them a trick. "Not impressed marsh!" Hanni rolls her eyes. "I will cut you!" I say and hold up the knife to her.

-

"Ah what was that?!" Hyein screams next to me. "Hyein it was just the trees blowing in the wind!" I sigh. "I don't feel safe at all." Hyein holds me tighter while glancing from side to side. "Dani..." Hyein whispers to me. "Yes?" I ask. "I need to pee." She says while covering her face with my shoulder. "Hyein...ugh come on!" I stand up and she holds my hand.

"Does anyone else need to go to the restroom!?" I ask. "Minji can take me y'all two go and don't get lost." Hanni smiles. I just roll my eyes.

"Danielle...is it almost daylight?" Hyein shutters in fright at each sound being heard. "No. Why did you bother coming if you are gonna be so scared?!" I chuckle a bit. "Well..I thought it would make me become one with the nature!" She says.

"Hey...you see that!" Hyein says. "Hm?" I say while my eyes follow her finger. "A gate?" She asks. "Why is there a gate in the middle of the woods?" I asks and we both glance at each other with a confused look plastered on our face.

"Let's go check it out!" I say but was pulled back by hyein. "Are you crazy?! What if it's haunted!?" She says. "A gate? Being haunted?" I ask. "Well whatever is behind it!" She whisper shouts. "Well...let's see." I say and walk up to the gate. It was slightly rusted with vines growing on some of the bars. I look up and was met with light up upon the balcony of that castle?

"A castle?" I say to myself, hyein was still back there, scared. I look up at the balcony and see a woman standing there. Her hair blowing so smoothly in the wind. Her pale skin glowing even with not that much light being reflected off of it. She looks like a total princess.

Her eyes met mine as she looks confused as to why I'm standing in front of..I'm guessing her house. I wave nervously at her and see her cold eyes now. The warmth that I saw in them was now gone and frozen.

Another woman came out and shot me a glance before both disappearing inside the castle. "Danielle?!" Hyein shouts taking me out of my thoughts. "Yeah?" I ask and look back. "I'm done." She smiles. "You did it in their bush?!" I slightly shout. "Well that was the point to do it in a bush!" She says. "Ugh!" I sigh. "Excuse me?!" A woman says to me.

I turn and see not the same beautiful one I saw earlier, but a slightly older one...I'm guessing her mother. "Who are you?" She asks me. "My name is Danielle Marsh! My friends and I were just camping and we stumbled upon your...castle?" I smile sweetly. "So you don't know my Haerin?!" She says sternly. "Haerin? Uh...no ma'am doesn't ring a bell." I say. "That's good." She says and walks away, leaving me in my own thoughts.

"Haerin?" Hyein asks me. I nod. "She is that quiet girl in our school...people are always shocked by her beauty but too scared to get near her." Hyein says as she links arms with me as we walk back to our camp. "She also pushes people away from what I've heard..." Hyein shrugs. I nod while my thoughts overpower her words. Pushes them away? Haerin...that's a beautiful name...

"Hey guyssss we are back!" Hyein shouts, scaring minji and hanni who were cuddling but then pushed each other away.

"Seriously guys stop trying hide it, the closet  is literally made of glass!" I say and they both blush.

"Hiding what?" Hyein asks. "Ugh you're still a child!" I sigh. "Hey I'm 18!" She pouts. "18 with the mind of a 3 year old-" Minji interrupts but hanni elbowed her side.

"Anyways we saw a castle!" I say and hanni and minji gasps. "Wait...were the gates covered in vines?!" Hanni asks and hyein and I nod. "Ouu...did you see a girl on the balcony!?" Minji asks and we nod again. "Princess Haerin!" Minji and hanni shout in unison.

"Damn why does everyone know her but me?!" I chuckle. "You don't want to know her Danielle, she's as cold as ice!" Hanni shivers. "Guys stop! I'm sure she has a heart!" I smile kindly.

"Go ahead and see for yourself!" Minji says as she snacks on some chips.

"Oh I will!" I smile at the thought of that girl.

What if she really doesn't have a heart?

***********

Alright so...I'm writing this story and it basically has the it's okay to not be okay plot!! I started watching that KDRAMA again and now I got this idea but with 2 girls from my favorite group...NEW JEANS 💅🏻