Graduation

Danielle

"It's already been 3 weeks?!" Hanni screams out as she clutches onto minji as if she will disappear once we walk the stage to graduate. "Don't leave me Minji!" Hanni says and minji chuckles. "You know I won't!" Minji pecks her forehead. "Anyways..." Hyein comes into the room after doing her hair.

The girls and I are currently getting ready for our graduation ceremony today. We are all putting on makeup and fixing our hair at my house, I don't know why it's my house.

"Where's Haerin?" Hyein asks me. "Here!" Haerin comes into my room. "Haerin~a!" I squeal and run to my girlfriend, pulling her face closer to mine as I devour her face with kisses. "Oh my god...can we walk the stage already I don't want to see this anymore!" Hyein gags in disgust at the couples before her. "Hyein I don't know why you don't just give leeseo a chance..." I roll my eyes. "Shes not my type...she's too....clingy! And gets mad when I steal her food like? It's food!? Grow up!" Hyein rolls her eyes, earning some laughs from the girls.

"Yeah hyein...just stick with food..." Minji pats the girl on the back. "I will!" Hyein smiles revealing her dimples. "Are we all almost ready? We have to be at the ceremony in 30 minutes!" Hanni finally comes out of my bathroom fully ready. "Oh shit!" The rest of us say and begin to get ready even more faster now.

-

"Class of 2023! Welcome!" The announcer says in the stadium. "Damn! I didn't know we had this much classmates!" Hanni says and we all glance around, revealing many students sitting and clapping, some are already crying.

Tears threaten to fall out of my eyes at the mere thought of what is happening right now. "I can't believe we are going to be done with highschool..." Minji says through a sad chuckle. "It feels surreal..." Hyein says while wiping a stray tear that was running down her cheek. "Guys! We are all going to stick together even after highschool! I can promise you that!" Hanni says and we all hold each other's hands while nodding in agreement.

Soon, the names of our classmates started to be called up to the stage in alphabetical order. Haerin was first then minji. Hyein, hanni and I watch them walk to the stage, grabbing their diplomas and shaking hands with the administrators. Then hyein was next, she was smiling the entire time, earning a few whistles from the crowd. Then it was me and hanni after me.

"Danielle Marsh!" The announcer says and claps were heard from the stadium as I walk up the stage and shake hands with the administrators. "Congratulations!" They say to me and I bow, and say thank you. "Hanni Pham!" The announcer says. "HANNI PHAM!" We all yell at our friend who winked at us as she grabs her diploma.

-

All the students have been called to get their diplomas, now it's time for our graduation song.

The song 'Everybody wants to rule the world's begins to play and every student stands next to their bestest friends or their boyfriends or girlfriends, holding hands and talking waiting for the part where we throw our caps up in the air.

"On the count of 3 students will throw their caps up into the air!" The announcer announces.

My eyes meet Haerins and there is this different sparkle in her eye, it has a hint of happiness but also sadness. "What's wrong Haerin?" I ask with worry. She shakes her head and shows a soft smile at me, "I just can't wait to live the rest of my life with you.." she says and finally a tear falls off the rim of her eyes. "Haerin~a!" I say and pull her into a kiss.

"1.....2.....3!" The announcer says through the mic. Everybody throws their caps up in the air on cue of the song. It's as of time has slowed, Haerin and I share a passionate, sweet kiss under all the caps that seemed to be falling in slow motion. We break away from the kiss, staring deeply into each other's wet, tearful eyes. "I will love you forever Kang Haerin. I will never leave you, I promise you that." I say and bring my hand up, wiping some tears off of her cheek as she does the same to my cheek.

"I will love you forever, Danielle Marsh. You are the only one for me, my only love.." Haerin smiles at me. More tears run down my face, happiness and sadness. I will be leaving this school of 4 years...they went by so fast...I will starting a new chapter in my life. All of these overwhelming thoughts rushed through my mind and I couldn't help my tears, keeping them in throughout the entire ceremony was as tough as it is.

"Congratulations girls!" Lisa and Jennie came up to me and my friends, hugging each and everyone of us in a warm, motherly hug. It almost felt like if they were our mom. "I'm so proud of you Haerin!" Jennie says to Haerin as she kisses her forehead and Haerin smiles against her mother's chest. Jennie finally makes eye contact with me.

"Come here!" Jennie flashes me her gummy smile and pulls me into a hug. She rubs my head softly, "I'm proud of you too Danielle!" She says. Even more tears begin to fall from my eyes at her affection.

"Us too?" Hanni pouts and Jennie and Lisa chuckle, they bring us all into a group hug. "We are so proud of every single one of you!" They both say and ruffle some of our hair.

All of us are now shedding tears at such a heartwarming moment. "I love y'all!" Hyein says through salty tears. "We love you too!" We all say. Sniffles were heard here and there but for the most part our crying died down. "Can we get food now?" Hyein wipes tears that accumulate around her nose.

We all chuckle and eventually nod, following Jennie and Lisa to the car.

*************
Fun fact: I did not cry at my graduation but honestly really wanted to...some speeches that my classmates gave, it hit home because I related to their speeches...I related to the feelings they would experience from their parents or even our classmates. Truly was a moment I obviously will never forget.

Also the song 'everybody wants to rule the world' was my graduation song😭it's played everywhere now I can't get rid of it and now everytime I hear it, I think back to when i was in that stadium with my best friends and how we were hugging each other 🤞🏻😭