Art

Danielle

"Danielle!! Haerin is back there-", "SHHHH!!!" I shush my teacher and they just smirk. "You like her huh?" They ask me and I blush. They pretend to zip them lips and throw away the key.

I walk to where Haerin is sitting and sit down next to her while taking out my sketchbook and a pencil. "What are you doing here?" She asks. "Art duh!" I smile. "You were never in this class before...why are you in it now?" She asks. "I just feel like unlocking a new talent... hopefully!" I say while staring into her cat eyes.

"Okay." She says and starts sketching random drawings in her sketchbook. I glance over at her drawing, I see a butterfly and a tree. "Do you like trees?" I ask her and she jumps suddenly, forgetting I was there. "No." She says. "Why do you draw them then?" I ask. "They are easy to draw..." She says. I point to the butterfly on her paper, "I like the butterfly!" I smile brightly.

She erases the butterfly. "Hey!" I say and she just keeps erasing it. "Rude." I roll my eyes and give my attention back to my own drawing.

I draw the sun since it's yellow and so bright and warm, I love it. Then I draw a field of flowers below it, with butterflies around it. "That is terrible." Haerin says next to me. "Look this is my first time taking art, give me a break." I say. "Even a 4 year old can draw better..." Haerin says. "Well maybe I need some tips...wanna help me?" I smile. I see her eyes brighten but then darken and her coldness is back again, "No. Figure it out on your own." She says coldly. She's like...so bipolar...

"Class...we will be doing an art project with partners!" The teacher gets up and looks at me while smirking. I hide my face in my palms, why is my teacher playing matchmaker?! "I will assign you partners so cry about it or don't, I won't change them!" The teacher says and the class groans in frustration.

"For this art project you will have to draw your partner a portrait of themselves with a beautiful landscape view behind them! There are plenty of beautiful landscapes around the city so you will go around and draw/paint whatever landscape of your choice along with you partners portrait!" The teacher says in one breath.

"Make sure it is neat and looks like you actually tried! Not something a 4 year old could draw!" The teacher says. I see Haerin glancing at me, "What?!" I roll my eyes. "Now for the partners...Hong Eunchae and Hwang Hyunjin, Ahn Yujin and Huh Yunjin, Kang Haerin...and.....Danielle Marsh." The teacher smiles.

I glance at haerin and see her eyes widen at our names being spoken. "So...where to partner-", Haerin gets up and leaves as the bell rang. "HAERIN WAIT-" I run after her while packing my stuff in my backpack quickly.

"Haerin!" I grab her arm and make her face me. "We will only do this for art! Got it?!" She says and I nod. "Follow me. I know a spot." She says without looking back at me.

-

Haerin and I walk through tall trees that cast a shadow from it's leaves, leaving us in almost complete darkness despite the sunlight slowly being emitted through the space between the trees.

"You're not going to murder me are you?" I chuckle nervously. "Maybe." She says. "Haerin..." I say lowly. "You better be joking!" I continue. "Relax! If I was going to, I wouldn't tell you." She chuckles lowly. "WAIT WHAT-" I say but she puts her hand over my lips, "Shut up...for once." She forms a small smile. Her hands are soft..

After walking for what feels like days, Haerin and I walk past the final group of trees. There was vines hanging off of the trees and Haerin moved them out of the way, revealing a small, crystal blue lake in the middle of the forest still surrounded by trees that give just enough light for this small area.

"Oh my god...this is beautiful!" I bounce up and down while covering my mouth. "I know." Haerin says. "Who are we drawing first and how?" I ask Haerin. "I'm gonna draw you first." She says as she pulls out her sketchbook and some colors.

"Alright do you want me to just Stand next to the lake or what?" I asked confused on what pose I should do. "No." She says as she sits on the grass near the lake. "Then where?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You are going to get in the lake." She says.

**************
She's so cold hearted but I love her 🤞🏻