~ 7 ~ Lev Lycan's Pov

I am in my wolf form hunting. My wolf wants a rabbit. They are so tasty and the hunt is so fulfilling. They are quick and fun to chase. I smell one near. I slowly approach the area trying not to spooky it. It's June the hills are covered with fresh grass and the ground is soft. It's easy to come close without him noticing me but I still need to be careful, my massive paws can step on a twig.

Suddenly my wolf lost all interest in the hunt and focused on something else. My human side can not sense anything but the Lycan in me is on full alert.

I come to a complete stop and let me wolf focus. There is a fade mind link coming through. It's not one of my brothers. We are the only ones that can mind link. My two younger brothers and I are the only Lycans alive.

The link was weak and all I could make out was "Mate and Time."

We are immortal. Hundreds of years ago one of the Alphas convinced the werewolf that we were a threat to their kind, so our kind was hunted and killed. First, all of our kids were hunted, then our females, and then the males. My mother was a smart Lycan. As soon as the Lycan kids started disappearing she send us away to Spain. Our family had a vacation home that no one knew about.

When the wolves came my brothers and I was long gone. Four hundred years passed and there was never been a sighting of a Lycan. My brothers and I stay under the radar. We change our location every couple of years so the local humans will not question us for not aging. We always stayed in Spain, we never returned to our home country Romania.

Throughout the years we became angel investors to multiple very successful companies and that is how we live.

Vasile our youngest brother mates with humans. He takes on human mates that are widows with children. He becomes their saver. He loves being a husband and a father. He loves the human family life. Once the wife dies of old age he seeks out another widow with children. He has five generations of stepchildren. I sometimes lose track of their names because there are so many of them.

Zaharie our middle brother mated to a werewolf. Vasile and I were furious when we first found out but very soon came to love her. She too was betrayed by her kind. Her mate rejected her. Zaharie saved her when she throw herself off the cliff into a deadly waterfall. Soon after he marked her as his mate and gave her immortality. They are still enjoying life and don't want pups.

I am the oldest and my name is Lev. This weak mind link shocked me to my core. It was a female. I clearly hear it was a female. There is a female Lycan alive!

I mind link my brothers. "Did you hear that?"

Zaharie replies right away with a "Yes, was that a female?"

"Yes, that was definitely a female. Meet me at my villa. That means you too Val." I tell them both.

"But I am at the beach with my family" Val protects.

"Now Val," I tell him to end the mind link.

I shift back to my human form, get dressed, and run home. This changes everything. I don't know where to begin but it's a start I have been waiting for this for four hundred years.