~ 15 ~

It's been three months since I moved to Miami. The school keeps me busy. I have made the right decision coming here. Balthazar encourages me to come up with new recipes, perfect my palate, and expand my taste buds. He sometimes stays late after class cooking with Iris and they invite me to stay.

"Alright class, that will be all for today. Great job everyone on Italian cuisine. You can start cleaning your stations. Next week it's Greek cuisine. Make sure you read all the chapters before next week's class." Balthazar ends the class.

Everyone starts cleaning their stations. Everyone is in a rush, working hard to get out of here. I don't blame them it's the last class this week and I believe everyone has plans except me. For some reason, I feel homesick. I miss my Dad, I miss Olivia, I miss Luna Evelyn, and most of all I miss Simon. It's getting harder and harder each day to stay away from him.

We talk every day. A lot of good mornings, I hope you have a great day, good night, sweet dreams, I tell him about school and he tells me about his day and his plans. The sweatshirt he forgot in my room the last time I saw him helps me out a lot. I hug it in my sleep. It stays in my bed all the time. My whole bed now smells like him. All of a sudden I had a strong urge to be in his arms. I shake my head trying the get the feeling to go away as I wash my pans.

"Ivy, what's wrong?"

I turn around and I see Iris. She must have just walked into the class. I look around the class. Every one of my classmates finished and left. I am the only one left.

"Ivy, are you okay? You are usually the first one done with your cleaning." Iris addresses me again.

I focused my attention back on her. She has someone with her. It's a young man, he is tall and has the same white hair as Iris and Balthazar. I instantly understood that's her twin brother. He looks familiar. He was the man Balthazar was speaking to in the hallway on the first day of class.

"Hi Ivy, I am Oak, Iris's brother." He ignores Iris's question awards me and takes it upon himself to introduce himself.

He extandence his hand to me for a handshake. I shake his hand. Crep! My hands are not completely dry. I was just washing the dishes.

"I am sorry about that my hands are still wet from washing the dishes," I tell him.

Oak gives me a warm smile and Balthazar walks over to us and chimes in. "We are all used to that. We are all chefs here. Oak is an executive chef at Savoy restaurant. So you are good."

"Wow, an executive chef. That's impressive." I tell Oak. Savoy is one of the best restaurants in Miami. Fine dining for the rich and famous.

"It's not that impressive, Grandpa owns it. It's not like he got there himself." Iris rolls her eyes.

What they own Savoy?!? Iris told me before that they own a couple of restaurants but I never assume they owned restaurants like Savoy.

"Do you want to join me one day at Savoy and see what's it like to be a head chef during service?" Oak asks me out of the blue.

I am shocked. "Can I?" I turn around to Balthazar asking him.

They all laugh.

"Sure you can. Oak is in charge of the restaurant and if he is inviting you then it's okay." Balthazar answers me.

I started jumping up and down clapping my hands with joy. This is so exciting.

"I am glad I can make you happy Ivy. I never want to see you sad. Whenever you need some company you can visit me. Whenever you feel lonely you can stop by. It's a little bit of a crazy place. You will never get bored. Grandpa sometimes comes around to check on the restaurant. You would love him and he would love to meet you too. Iris told him all about you." Oak's words are genuine.