~ 24 ~

***Hi lovely readers this is the first time I have written in 3rd person. If you read my work before I always write in 1st person. Let me know what you think. ***

Balthazar's father Elon is sitting on a bench across the street from Ivy's apartments. The first time he came because he want to see her, Balthazar telling Elon about Ivy rocked his whole world. Now he cannot say away, he sits and watches her come home, making sure she is safe, makes sure she takes care of herself, and for his fulfillment to see his granddaughter.

Elon came early today, a day of great weather cannot keep the old man inside. He looks at his decoy book in hand, The Trial by Franz Kafka. He just grab it from his library but today he might even get some reading done.

As soon as he opens the book and start reading his focus was interrupted by a black SUV making a sharp U-turn at the light at the end of the street. The SUV goes down the street slowly like they are looking for an address. The SUV goes down the street and again makes a U-turn at the other end of the street. They drive slowly and the driver's attention is on the building. They again make a U-then and park in front of Ivy's building.

The driver gets out of the SUV and looks up at Ivy's apartment building. Elon is a smart man he can recognize a wolf anywhere. He takes a couple of deep breaths to calm his now racing heart. He takes no more than fifteen seconds to take a good look at the wolf. Wolves have great intuition, they can sense when somebody is looking at them, and with an increased heart rate the wolf will be able to identify Elon right away. The wolf goes up and down the street and around Ivy's building. It's like he is looking for something.

Elon lowers his eyes pretending to read but his mind is racing. This is not just any ordinary wolf, he is an Alpha, a very powerful Alpha. His height, his build, but there is something else about him that Elon cannot put his finger on. Is he the Alpha from Ivy's pack here to visit her? He is too young to be Ivy's Dad.

Elon takes out his phone and sends a text to Balthazar. He cannot call because the wolf will easily hear it.

~ Is Ivy still at school?

Balthazar

~ No she left 10 minutes ago.

Elon

~ I need you to come to Ivy's apartment now. There is an Alpha here. It might be nothing, or it might be something.

Balthazar

~Iris and I are leaving now. Will be there in 15 minutes.

Elon notices the wolf sitting back in his black SUV, his windows are rolled down. He is waiting, he knows he is waiting for Ivy.

All of a sudden the wolf starts his SUV and roll up all his window. Elon takes a quick glance at the other side of the street and notices Ivy coming up the street. She is happy as always, always on her phone, smiling.

She stops, no longer smiling, and looks around. Elon is doing his best to hide and act normal reading his book but it's hard. He needs to see her reaction. Is it going to be friendly interaction? The wolf doesn't move, he is not getting out of his SUV to greet her.

Ivy is looking frantically around the crowded street, at people passing by. She has fear written all over her face. She freezes and drops her phone. She is in a sort of a trans. She snaps out of it, grabs her phone, and runs into the building.

Elon takes a quick look at the wolf in the SUV, he has a smile on his face. Whatever just happened, whatever he just did it is amusing to him. Not my granddaughter. Elon wants to follow her but he cannot risk the wolf seeing him and Ivy has not met him yet. This will scare her even more.