~ 12 ~ Iris's Pov

"Great Dad you couldn't have given me couple more minutes. I could have asked her where is she from. It would at least give us some kind of idea what life she lives." I tell my Dad.

"I am sorry I don't know what I was thinking. You guys were talking for a long time. I got a little worried. Can you start from the beginning of what she said?" My Dad rubs their forehead.

"I don't think she knows who she is..." I take a deep breath and continue. "She became very fascinated with the tree so I told her about our history."

"Why would you do that Iris, that is not what I asked you to do. I asked you to find out about her but you did the complete opposite and told her about us." My Dad is a little mad at me.

"Dad she is my cousin. She was not surprised or asked questions when I brought up magic or Lycans just a little bit about dragons. This means she did not know that dragons are real but might know about magic, Lycans, and werewolves. Do you think Aunty Hedera told her about them?" I tell my Dad.

"I don't know. Why would my sister tell her about Lycans but not dragons? On the other hand, no one knows that dragons are real. They were hidden from the supernatural world and humans by our kind for a reason. It's to protect them. I am so confused." My Dad is thinking out loud.

"There was something else when she touched the tree. I never saw everything like it. When Ivy touched the tree leaves her hair was glowing. I think she also felt something because she recoiled immediately. But did not say anything." I tell Dad.

"The power surge is normal for our people when we touch the tree for the first time. That is our life source. Are you sure about her hair glowing? This is very important that you remember correctly. Are you sure you did not miss interpret it as something else?" Dad asks me.

"It was clear as day. Also, she asked about manifestation. She asked if the white hair people could manifest without potions."

"That makes sense." My Dad says while deep in thought and continues. "This story your grandpa never told you and your brother but amount our people there were oracles. They were very powerful beings. The power was passed to them naturally. When the old oracle dies from old age the new one was born. Our people always have one twin pregnancy in their lifetime. A boy and a girl. When the oracle is born it's a single pregnancy. That means Hedera only had one pregnancy giving birth to an Oracle and Ivy does not have a brother."

I sit there for a couple of minutes trying to process everything then ask. "Where was the oracle when the Lycan King attacked?"

"He was too young, he was just a 9-year-old boy. He did whatever he could but got killed in the process. After that, there was no other oracle born. Our people assumed because the last oracle died at the hands of another supernatural begin and not of old age this has disrupted the natural order of things. The Lycan King killed him with his bare hands. Magic is unforgiving, it like order from all supernatural begins, and magic should be nurtured. Some elders also say it might have something to do with the death of our dragons. No one knows why." My Dad tells me.

"That is so interesting. Why have you or Grandpa never shared this with us?" I ask.

"For Grandpa I think it was too painful to talk about. A lot of events had transpired since that night. We lost our oracle, almost all our dragons died, and one of our young girls was taken by the Lycan King and forced to mate with him. After that night the whole supernatural world turned against the Lycans. Later declaring war on them and wiping them out of existence. Two wrongs don't make a right." My Dad says honestly.

"By the way, Ivy's received a message that clearly said, Alpha Simon. Is she part of a wolf pack?" I ask Dad.

"Cannot be! Now this does not make sense. That night when the Lycans attacked, the Lycan King took captive one of our young girls to mate with him. He wanted a hybrid child but the mother and the twins died couple hours after birth. The stories said the children were born with white hair. You know that our blood is not compatible with any Lycon or werewolf. Any of our kind that took werewolf as a mate their offspring were born alive but died a couple of hours later with their mothers. The combination of two bloodlines is not compatible with life.'

I see my Dad is thinking, nothing is making sense. Where did my aunt disappear 21 years ago? How come she never came home or even called?

"Do you think Aunty Hedera knew she was giving birth to an oracle that is why she hid Ivy?" I ask Dad

"In a wolf pack and not her family. No, I refuse to believe that. She trusted us, she loved us." I see the frustration on my Dad's face when he says that.

"Who is Ivy's Dad? Human? Why did Aunty Hedera have to hide from her family and leave us if he was human, Mommy is human. Grandpa had no problem with that." I tell Dad.

"That is a mystery to me too. Ivy said her mom WAS a great baker and a great cook meaning my sister is no longer alive. But it doesn't make sense how came her dragon is still alive?" my Dad says.

"This weekend when I see her again I will ask about her father, where she lives, and when Aunty Hedera died. I want my cousin in my life. " I say.