~ 22 ~Lev Lycan's Pov

I just landed in Miami International Airport and my wolf is on full alert. He is sniffing the air. Pacing back and forth in my mind.

"She is here. I can feel it." My wolf tells me.

Miami was not one of the places I was going to stay, there are no wolf packs here. I just visited Oregon and Washington states. My wolf really enjoyed the weather, the landscapes, the forests, the mountain, and the waterfalls. The wolf packs are thriving in that environment.

I don't know how I am going to start looking for her but I feel there is something here. Miami was my connecting flight to Wyoming.

I find a restaurant in the airport, order a rare steak and open my laptop. I need to find a place to stay. I have to be smart about this. Where will a Lycan stay?

Lakes Basin or Lake George are the wooded areas. Lycan needs to shift, hunt, and let their wolf run wild. I book a hotel close by. I have been looking at this all wrong. Why would a Lycan family stay in the wolf pack? I would not. They are hiding far away from a pack as possible.

***Five Days Later ***

It's almost sunrise. I have been through all the woods in Miami. There is no scent of a Lycan or any other werewolf. I explored at night, I could not risk running into any hikers, or campers. With everyone wearing Gopro and cellphones in hand, I cannot risk my Lycan showing up on the evening news.

My wolf is calm. I can feel how careful he is. He is on a hunt, a process of elimination.

"She is not in the woods. Next, the beach." My wolf tells me.

I love the beach, the shoreline in Spain, not Miami. I shift back into my human form and put on my clothes. I walk to my rental Land Rover. I need to check out from my hotel and find one closer to the beach.

***

"Hello Mr. Cruz, welcome to Fontainebleau." The hotel receptionist greets me by my decoy name.

"Hello Brooke, can you make sure my room has a balcony facing the beach." I greet the hotel receptionist, checking her name tag.

"Yes, sir I see that on your request. Our check-in is at 3 pm but we will make an exception. Your room is on the 37 floor. That floor is newly renovated. I hope you will find it to your liking." Brooke checks me in and gives me my hotel key card.

I walk into my room. It's nothing special. It looks renovated but all cheap stuff are put in. Cheap tile in the bathroom, cheap flooring, and furniture. I try to ignore it, I'm here on a mission and not for pleasure. Besides this was the only place available on a couple of hours' notice.

It's off-season why is it so crowded?

I take a quick shower to wash my night hunt away and try to sleep for a couple of hours. I need to scour the beaches. See if I can pick up her scent anywhere.

My alarm goes off, it's 3 pm. I sit up in bed. I feel thirsty, I open a bottle of water and almost drink the whole 30 ml bottle of water. This humidity is not great for a wolf. My body temperature is around 105 degrees Fahrenheit so I can withstand extreme heat, but humidity is not good for our kind.

I get dressed and head out. Tonight is beautiful weather I will drive around with my windows open and see what my wolf can pick up.

I drive along the beach, back and forth, there is nothing. The wind is blowing from the ocean. If there is a wolf direct on the beach then I would be able to pick up the scents but otherwise, I need to continue my search a couple blocks from the beach.

I take my time, I drive slowly, and my wolf is on full alert. He has been this way since I stepped into Mismi's airport.

The scent of lemon, rose, mint, and coconut hits my nose.

I have been smelling those scents all day, sunscreen has a lot of fruity smells. Coconut, tropical flowers, pina colada, pineapple, but this scent is different. This scent is not artificial, none lab-made, this scent is organic and natural.

It's a werewolf female scent. I like the smell. It's not my mate but it's enough to have me full of lust. I pull over and park my SUV. My windows are open, I close my eyes and enjoy the scent. It's calming... It's calming to my wolf. My wolf lets out a happy howl. I never witnessed him do that.

I open my eyes and try to figure out where the scent is coming from. The wind is coming from the east, I follow it. I go up a couple of blocks and then I lose it. I panic and make a U-turn and stop in front of a high apartment building. The scent is the strongest in front of it.

I get out of the SUV, and I walk around the apartment, up and down the street. Definitely, the scent is coming from this apartment. I look at all balconies, she spends a lot of time on her balcony, and the scent is so strong like she was there this morning.

I get back into my SUV. Now all I have to do is wait, but my mind is racing.

She is a werewolf, not a Lycan.

She can just be a regular werewolf, living in Miami without a pack or just wanting to get away from her pack, or on vacation.

Why am I so attracted to her scent, she is just a werewolf?

I take out the potion made by the witch and take a sip. I cannot risk her wolf smelling my scent.

All of a sudden I smell the scent, it's getting stronger. She is near. I close my tinted windows. She cannot see me, not yet at least.

I look at all the pedestrians on the sidewalk. Then I see her... She is walking up the street.

It has to be her, she is tall, with perfect muscular long legs, and full breasts. Her white hair is unique. She reminds me of the first white hair witch I met 300 years back. She is breathtaking.

She is walking slowly and has a smile on her face while texting. Then all of a sudden her smile fades, she stops and looks up. She looks around, looking for something. She takes her time to examine the people around her. Then she starts to look across the street.

Can she sense me!?

Let's try this.

"Hello, beautiful." I mind link her.