~ 18 ~ Daphne's Pov

My mind is blind, I don't have any music on. My main distinction is Simon's office. I need to see him.

As I walk into the resort all the staff greet me on my way to the executive offices. It feels good, I am their next Luna. There is so much respect. I smile back and ask them about their wives, husbands, and their kids.

I come close to Simon's office I can hear Cole is in there talking about the new construction site. They are talking about defaults getting building materials.

"Good morning guys," I tell Simon and Cole.

"Wow, this is a surprise! Morning Daphne." Cole is the first to greet me. "I think I understand what I will be doing for the next three hours. I will be in my office emailing and making calls."

Cole grabs a stack of business cards and exits Simon's office.

I walk in and close the door. I sit in front of Simon's desk. I look at him. He looks good and fully rested, he is wearing his spare pair of clothes that he keeps in the office in case he needs to change. He did not bother to shave.

"Simon, I need to talk to you."

He nodes for me to continue.

"Where were you last night?" I ask him.

"I cannot tell you that," he tells me.

I get mad. What does he mean he can not tell me? Who does he think I am to him?

"Can you tell me what's going on with us? You have changed toward me. I thought it was stress, working too much but you always work too much. Stress is not new to you."

"Daphne, I don't know what is happening to me, but I know one thing is we cannot continue like this, we can not be together."

His word hit me like a ton of bricks. They take the wind out of me. The anxiety creeps up into my chest. This cannot be happening. I get dizzy, I put my head in my hands. What have I done? Why did I come here? Why did I demand answers? Why did I question him? I was always such a good girlfriend. I should have given him space, he would have come around. What will the pack say? Will they pity me?

"Simon, think about the pack, what will they say?" I am begging him, trying to salvage this as much as I can.

"I will announce to the pack whenever you are ready and comfortable," he tells me.

Comfortable! I will never get over this. I never wanted my true mate. I never went to the mating ceremonies to find my true mate. All I ever wanted was Simon, to be his mate, to have kids with him, to be the Luna of his pack.

Nothing is making sense where is this coming from? I sniff the air, nothing, it's just his scent. He has not showered just a fresh change of clothes. Where was he last night? I look around the office there are no signs that he slept there. He could have slept in one of the rooms in the resort. But why not come home?

"Did you find your mate?" I ask him. I need to know why this is happening.

"No," He says without thinking.

I take a breath of relief. If he did not find his true mate then this still can be salvageable.

"Is there someone else? "

"Yes, maybe, I don't know," he tells me.

This makes my blood boil. I am consumed with jealousy. I want to know who she is. How come I did not notice anything? I never stalk him, never checked his phone. I never questioned him. This is what I get. But he never gave me any reason to except for the last four months. I never smelled any other scent on him.

My wolf is growling. I feel her anger.

"Who is she?" I get up, putting my hand on his desk, get in his face demand an answer.

"Daphne, please don't be mad at me. I am being honest with you. I don't know what is happening. I don't know where those feelings are coming from. Please give me time to figure everything out. Benji is trying to figure this out too."

"I knew it! It's all Benji! He never liked me, he never made an effort to connect with my wolf. Now he is messing with your head. Now he is ending our relationship. He is not thinking about his pack he is just thinking about himself because he does not like me." I am so mad Benji never gave me a chance and now he is going to end our relationship.

I hear a loud growl. Simon's eye glow and his fingernails turn to claws.

"If you ever disrespect me or my true Luna again you will be exiled from this pack. Do I make myself clear?" I hear Benji's voice. He never spoke to me before it's scary. My wolf submits causing me to do the same. I back away, sit back in my seat and lower my head in submission. I see out of the corner of my eyes Simon's claws transform back to his fingernails.

I pick up my head and look at Simon. He is confused about what Benji has just said. Benji believes he found his true Luna but Simon is not so sure of this. I can use this to my advantage. Simon is rational, he needs time to get his wolf in check.

"Okay Simon if Benji found his true mate and your true Luna then I will not stand in your way," I tell him.

"Thank you for understanding. You can keep the house. I would like to come over on Monday and pick up my things if that's okay?"

"Sure, just text me when," I say as I am about to leave.

Keep it together Daphne, no yelling, no crying, you need to be smart about this. You need to show Simon that you are his true Luna. You always acted smart, and you always had a strategy, give him time and he will come back.

I finally get inside my car and break down. This is all I ever wanted. I want Simon, I want his pack. I love them both so much. I have sobbing coming from my chest, my heart is in so much pain. How did I lose everything in one day?