~ 16 ~

"Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or the overhead bins. Thank you."

The decant announcement comes on before landing. I am so excited to see my Dad. I missed him so much. I put my book away in my laptop bag and put my bag under my seat. Okay, what should I do for 15 minutes before we land? I look over to my left where a middle age man is seating next to me. He gives me a half smile. I smile back and turn my head facing forward. Everything is moving around preparing to land.

For the last couple of hours, it was all go go go, I did not even have a second to think about what happened during the blind taste test at school. Iris said it's impossible to taste white sugar but I did. I always could. There is a little aftertaste that I get. Like you would get with artificial sweeteners but I also get with white sugar.

I feel the plane is starting to decant. I am almost home.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Yellow Tail Airport. Local time is 12:20 am and the temperature is 74 degrees Fahrenheit. For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. Thank you for choosing Delta Airlines for your travels. Have a good night."

I text my Dad that I have landed and will be out soon. He texts me back that he is waiting outside.

I walk out of the airport and I see my Dad's car right away. He gets out of the driver's seat and opens up his arms for a hug. I run and embrace him.

"Ivy, I missed you so much. It's been so hard without you. You have no idea how valuable you are to me and the pack." My Dad hugs me so tight.

After a long hug, we seat in the car and my Dad starts driving. I feel Devon go crazy. She is sniffing, waging her tail.

"Devon what is it."

Nothing... she is still not talking to me. It's been months. I did not pay much attention to it when I was in Miami but when I am back home it does not feel right.

"Devon please talk to me," I beg her.

Nothing...

Why is she so stubborn?

"Ivy, look over there." my Dad takes my attention and points at an empty construction site. There used to be old one-story houses there.

"What happened here," I ask Dad.

"Alpha Simon decided to take down the old houses and build another resort more catered throws families and more for summer. It will have two and three-bedroom suites, a waterpark, a heated pool, an arcade, and a lot more family-oriented activities." My Dad informs me.

I smile. He used my idea.

As we pull up to my house my Dad asks me. "Are you hungry? I made pasta when you called to say you were coming. I can warm some up."

"I am not hungry. Thank you, Dad. It's 1 am all I want is another shower and go to sleep. I am so tired." I tell my Dad. I am really tired and the sleep is hitting me like a ton of bricks.

I walk into my room. Everything is the same like I never left. I put my bag next to my desk and take out my makeup bag. I grab a tank top and leggings shorts and go into the bathroom for a shower.

I take a quick shower, dry myself off, and then I smell him. Devon goes crazy in my mind. I get dizzy from her excitement. I quickly put on my shorts and tank top and exit the bathroom. I wait in front of the stairs I know he is outside the front door.