~ 25 ~

I wake up. My eyes are wide open. I am gasping for air. I am having a feeling as if I was drowning. I am so disoriented, my mind is trying to paste together what happened last, and where I am.

I see Iris kneeling next to me with a vial in her hand.

"She's awake!" Iris says in excitement.
"It took half a vial to wake her up. Why did it take so much?" Iris turns her head and asks Balthazar.

"She was in a very deep coma... Without the awakening potion, it would take her days to wake up." Balthazar says in a soft voice.

I look past Iris and I see Balthazar and Oak standing behind Iris. My mind is so faggy, I am trying to remember what happened to me. I try to sit up.

"Ivy you should remain laying down. Give it some time." Iris tries to stop me.

I ignore her and sit up. I immediately get lightheaded. I give it a minute to fade away. I open my eyes, it's all coming back to me. Me walking from school, the voice in my head, me calling Iris, and me blocking out the mindlink which caused me to passing out. The fear I felt.

I guess Iris found me passed out and call her father and brother. I look at the vial in her hand. I sniff and use my wolf smell to see what is it. It is all plant-based.

"What is that?" I ask Iris.

"It's something we had to use to wake you up," Balthazar answers me. "Ivy, we need you to pack and come to stay with us for a little. You can stay in our guest room."

You don't have to tell me twice, I stand up and go in my room to pack a bag. My mind is racing about why Balthazar offered, but in a way I am glad. I don't feel safe staying by myself until I figure out whose voice was in my head.

Iris follows me into my room, she grabs my carry-on and starts folding all the clothing I take out of my closet and my drawers. We pack fast.

I walk into the bathroom to pack my daily essentials.

"Ivy, mask your scent," Devon tells me.

I don't question her, I close the door to the bathroom and manifest to hide my scent. For my scent to completely disappear, anything lingering around my apartment to disappear. My hair glows and I feel a surge of energy go through my veins. I get a little lightheaded, I hold onto my bathroom vanity until it passes.

"Ivy, we have to go! Now!!" Ivy knocks on my door.

I open the bathroom door, Iris grabs my makeup bag from my hands, puts it in the carry-on, and zips it.

"Let's go." she grabs my hand and moves fact. I hear the worry in her voice.

We come out to my living room. I don't see Balthazar anymore but only Oak. He is on his phone. I grab my laptop bag and Iris already has my carry-on.

We exit my apartment. I lock my door. We all move to the elevator. Oak stops us. With my werewolf hearing I can hear Balthazar on the other line with Oak.

"He is in the main lobby, take the stair. Use the back exit, move fast. Ivy will be able to keep up with you. Leave Iris. And Oak, no matter what try not to engage."

"We have to take the stairs. Ivy, leave all bags with Iris. Iris, meet Dad in the garage." Oak tells us.

Iris quickly removed the bag from my shoulder. Oak takes my hand and in one swift move, we are moving towards the stairs. Oaks open the door to the stairs. We are on the twentieth floor. I usually run up the stairs but never took the stairs down. I never thought it was challenging for me.

"I know you can keep up with me." Oak tells me.

As soon as Oak says that he jumps and lands halfway down the flight of stairs, then he uses his hands to hold this body weight. His legs swing over the railing and his whole body lands mid-stairs on the other side.