Twenty-Four

Lexie's POV

"You must be Alexandra Grey, I'm Dr. Rosalina Sousa and I'm Cordelia's psychiatrist." Rosalina explained to me with a smile on her face. Cordelia was getting her check up with Dr. Arizona Robbins to make sure everything's okay.

"Everyone calls me Lexie."

"In that case, just call me Rosalina." Rosalina says when Cordelia enters the room and sits on my lap. Meredith explained that Cordelia likes having human contact with people that she trusted. I felt incredibly honoured that she already trusted me when we've only known each other for a couple of hours. Meredith also mentioned that Cordelia involuntarily age regresses and may suck her thumb or chewing necklace while with me.

"How are you doing Cordelia?" Rosalina asks Cordelia with a smile on her face.

"I finally get to go home tomorrow and get my surprise from Auntie Amelia. I am also happy that I met my Auntie Lexie. She is really nice and has helped me with my homework. Plus we both skipped grades in school, so that is another thing we have in common." Cordelia signs to Rosalina and I couldn't help but smile at her.

"You must be so excited to head home after almost a month in the hospital." Rosalina tells Cordelia who nods in response with the biggest smile on her face.

"I know that I'm excited to finally see your room since you haven't stopped talking about it." Cordelia loves her room because Meredith and Addison let her make the decorating choices. She's so excited to show me her room because she's always smiling when she talks about it.

"Do you think Molly, Susan and Thatcher will like me when I meet them for Thanksgiving?" Cordelia signs, referring to my younger sister and my parents.

"I know your grandfather and my mother will love you. They're always talking about wanting to have grandchildren. I'm not sure about Molly though, but her husband Eric will love you." Molly was always discriminatory towards people who had disabilities when we were kids, so I'm not sure about her honestly. Eric was in the army so he's only allowed to be here for the holidays this year and is upset that he's going to miss the birth of his daughter.

**********************

Cordelia's POV

George was trying to examine Nana, but she was constantly moving away from him. Auntie Lexie was with us because she wanted to spend more time with me.

"Um...if you could just hold still." George tells Nana who shrugs out of his grasp and grabs the chart out of his hands.

"I'm in the middle of my work day Thatch." Nana tells George who raised an eyebrow at her.

"Thatch? No, I'm Dr. O'Malley. I just need to check your vitals." George tells Nana.

"Nana, this is Mommy's best friend George and he is looking after you while you are here in the hospital. Can you please let him check your vitals?" I signed to Nana who sighs.

"Fine." Nana says before letting George examine her.

"Do you um... who's Thatch?" George asks me, referring to my grandfather, Thatcher Grey.

"My father, Thatcher Grey. She probably thinks you look like him and seeing you up close, I agree." Auntie Lexie tells George.

"I don't look like him! Do I?" George asked me and I shrugged.

"I have never met him." I signed and George finished up the examination before leaving Nana's hospital room. Derek entered the room and Nana throws a glass in his direction, unfortunately it hits my left cheek.

"Leave the room Dr. Shepherd!" Auntie Lexie says before pressing Nana's button by her bed.

"Get away from me you insipid little man." Nana yelled before throwing a vase in his direction but it hits my forehead, causing me black out.

*********************

Addison's POV

"Are you a fucking moron Dr. Shepherd?!" Arizona was stitching up Cordelia's face and forehead. Thank God Lexie paged a nurse!

"I'm not a moron! This retard is! Yet Ellis Grey likes her!" Derek shouts in response, causing Lexie to glare at him.

"That is her grandmother you narcissistic ass! By the way, her name's Cordelia not retard! Besides this is your fault!" Lexie yells at Derek when Cordelia's eyes open and looks at her surroundings.

"Is Nana okay?" Cordelia signs to us with concern written on her face. Meredith entered the room and walked over to Cordelia's bedside.

"Are you alright little one?" Meredith asked Cordelia who nods.

"Is Nana okay?" Cordelia once again signs to us.

"She's alright angel."

"Nana's just upset that she hurt you Cordelia." Meredith tells our daughter before Derek storms out of the room.

"Nana did not mean to hurt me, so I am not mad at her." Cordelia signs to us before cuddling Grey.