chapter 8 - break(pt 2)

I feel a nudge on my shoulder as I open my eyes. I fell asleep when the plane took off, so the girls must be either asleep or not.

I look to my right to see Sharon asleep as I give her a kiss on the forehead and then a pinch on her cheek as I admire her cuteness as someone suddenly puts out some apple slices from their head as I look to my left

Somi - morning sleepyhead, enjoyed your nap?

Y/N - hey Som, where we at?

I stretch my arms as I crack my back as she softly giggles.

Somi - We're gonna land in about 20 mins. Mind if we talk for the remainder of it? Or at least let me take some stuff off my chest?

Somi stuffs her mouth with a slice as she looks at me before giving me a apple slice as I throw it into my mouth as I nod

Y/N - sure. Say whatever you need to say.

Somi - Just, it's nice seeing you, and having you in my life again you know? Having the same you talk to me the same, you loving me the same, hugging me the same, kissing me the same, just everything. It's like you never left me. I just don't know what to feel except the same feelings I always had for you, I still love you as much as I did back the, sure it was only a year, but to me, it still feels like a lifetime to me, we were friends and then we got together, but you're all of that to me, a friend, a lover, someone to talk to when I feel down, my best friend still, I know I had people growing up around me with my dad and stuff and the whole, getting famous young thing, but no one came close other than you. No one ever came close to loving, treating me like no other, that's what you always did, you did everything for me, sure you were rich back then and you still are except now you just take care of the girls and never using the money you gained ever, but that never mattered to me. I don't know why I said that but. YOU mattered more to me than anything else. only you. You are my only one that I still have. you still and will always be everything to me, even if you're with Mina and maybe once our careers are over and we're still together with the girls. just. I may sound cheesy but I regretted leaving you.but it's true. Leaving you is still my biggest regret I ever had, I still feel it too till now, that regret and guilt when I was over there, but you're here now. Back with me, here with you, surrounded by these amazing girls I knew since way before debut, and honestly? Nothing is ever going to change what I felt back then, right now and the future.

I looked at Somi as she continued talking, letting the world around me silence itself as the only thing that mattered right now was her. I, for once, eased up my mind as I listened carefully to every word she said, as her lips said every word as she looked at me with comforting eyes that I remembered so well. I always felt like I blamed her for everything since she left, but now I realise, she's right. I've always felt the same for her, I was just angry, distraught and alone and let out my anger in the worst way possible, but I have Mina now as well. I'm in love with my childhood best friend, but I'm still in love with the idol, no. the person that is Jeon Somi still, and all of the Twice girls that happily gave me another home, and yet. Another family.

My eyes start to tear up as Somi starts to tear up as well too, the teardrops start to fall from our eyes as we stared at each other with deep yet passionate eyes of softness that eased from our souls that spoke volumes of the feelings that we still have for each other, Somi talks and talks telling me everything about her feelings, regrets, her love for me, as the girls slept soundly as I just ignored everything around me, the sounds of the plane, everything.

Somi couldn't hold it in anymore, as she began to sob as she cried words in between her sobs.

Somi - I- I love yo- you- Y/N-

Those words made me finally break as I broke down crying as well as we hugged, tightly embracing in an act of love and care for each other, for the both of us. We both realise now that we've changed, and now things are different for both of them, but it won't change the fact that we still love each other given the circumstances in our lives.