Chapter 8 - Cheating

I was mad. Seriously this was going to be hell, because we were barely on the 20% of the entire bloody movie, and I couldn't stand to be near her. At least not today.

And today was the shooting in the streets of NY, near the Met. The wind was too much and it was really cold. We walked together not saying a word.

Gary yelled "Cut!", it was impossible to keep our coats around us with the wind making them fly. We stopped dead in our tracks waiting for instructions.

"Are you gonna be like this for the rest of the day?" Said Cate turning away from the camera set.

"Like what, Cate?" Thank god I had my sunglasses on.

"Well, completely mad and irritated at me"

"I'm not mad!" I snapped. Hopefully they weren't paying attention to us.

"Yeah, that's a given" she rolled back her eyes. She was wearing sunglasses as well, but I knew she was doing that.

"I don't care what you think. I'm not."

"That's a given as well. You don't care what I think"

The nerve of this woman. "I can't do this right now". I walked away, and I saw Gary approaching to talk to her. I was walking back towards the crew.

I saw them talking for a moment, and then they came to me. "We can't shoot like this. There's just too much wind. So we reset, you guys take a break. We are going to push forward the shoot with Helena, which should be easier since it's indoors and just two blocks away. Street's already closed, so you guys go get some coffee while we get her here". He smiled at us and left.

I nodded and turned around to go to my trailer.

"Sandra..."

"Catherine"

"Can we at least talk? I need to explain something to you"

"I told you already. I'm not mad. I'm gonna get some rest" I was about to close the door of my trailer.

"Is it Rooney?", asked Cate.

I held onto the door knob for life.

Flashback

We had just ended shooting the first meeting between Rose, Lou and Debbie. We were going back to the hotel, all three of us.

"You guys, can we go later to grab a drink? I think I need that today" I asked.

"Thanks, but I'm exhausted", Helena excused herself. "But you guys go and have fun"

Works for the best, because I wanted to go only with Cate.

"Aw, that's too bad Helena. But yeah, I'm in", said Cate cheerfully. "We can go together". Our hands briefly touched as she answered, and there was the spark. Like always.

I smiled at her, how did I become so lucky?

"Cate!" I heard a voice from the distance. I turned around to see no other than Rooney Mara coming over.

Cate turned around as well, with her bright smile "Hey, Rooney!"

They hugged for what seemed like forever, while I stood there with my blood boiling. Helena looked at me wondering what was up, and I just smiled as if everything was fine.

"So, they don't need introduction obviously. But Roo, meet Helena and of course, Sandra"

"It's such an honor to meet you both!" She excitedly said without letting go of Cate. In my head I just wanted to snap.