Chapter 18 - Veselka

"Have a safe flight, babies". I closed the car door and waved goodbye. Bryan was standing behind me.

"So, see you soon?"

"Yeah, let's see how the production schedule works out. But please let me know whenever you're bringing them, so we can make a decision together"

"Sure, babe". He bent down to kiss me and I just stood there. He held up his hands and stepped back. "Right, right. I'll give you time as we agreed. But are we good here?"

"Yeah, we are". I smiled at him.

He nodded and got into the car. I stood there watching the car get away.

A limo parked in front of me, so I had to move. I turned around to leave when I saw Sarah walking towards the car.

"Hey!" I said. It felt like forever since I was with the girls. And Cate.

"Oh, hey". She was a bit cold, which was unusual.

"How are you?", I tried to break the ice. I didn't even know why there was ice.

"Good. You? Why are you standing there?". It sounded a bit harsh, and I probably made a face. She quickly corrected herself. "I mean, are you waiting for someone?"

"Oh, no I was just saying goodbye to my kids. They have their flight back in a few hours"

"And to Bryan". She wasn't asking, just stating. Something definitely was off.

"Yeah, he left too". I looked at her, but I couldn't figure her out. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Holland's coming today. I'm going to pick her up"- she finally smiled.

"Oh, fantastic! Hope we get to hang out"

"Yeah, we'll see. I'll catch you later, Sandy. I'm running a bit late"

"Sure, say hi to Holland". Something was up, that was definite. "Uhm, Sarah?"

"Yes?" She said holding the door half-open.

"Have you heard from Cate?". I don't know why I asked.

She shot me a look, I couldn't pinpoint what it was. "Yes, I talked to her last night"

"Oh, so she's okay"

"Why wouldn't she? She went back to her room this morning, maybe you can find her there?". My question was inadequate as if I couldn't talk to her myself.

Wait. She went back? This morning?

We stared at each other for the most awkward seconds of my life. "See you later, Sandy". She closed the door and the car left.

I walked to the elevator and hesitated for a while. I wanted to press the button for Cate's floor. But what was the use? More pain? What for?

Still, I wondered why was Sarah asking us about her. Was she really okay?

Somebody walked in and pressed a different button and I snapped back to reality. I should just go to my room.

___

There were very few scenes where I wasn't with Cate. I sat down in my trailer taking some deep breaths before walking out. We were going to try again the scene walking to the Met since it wasn't as windy as before. And then we had the scene in Veselka.

This is going to be a long day...

There was a knock on my door, and I rushed to open.

"Oh, Ms. Bullock. Sorry, I didn't mean to rush you"