Chapter 10 - The confession

As Cate left my trailer earlier, leaving me with a heavy heart, I decided I had to stop the vicious cycle of the awkwardness every time I got jealous. No matter what, she was there with me every day, caring for me. I couldn't say specifically what we had, but it was good; it felt good.

I was holding back talking upfront and being honest. I was confused, in a good way I thought. But first and foremost, I needed her. She became my rock and I definitely needed her to help me get through this mess with Bryan, and with life overall.

I called Rachel to confirm that she had no other plans during the weekend, and booked a secluded home near Long Beach Island. I knew she needed some rest, and we wouldn't be bothered there. The only thing missing was her confirmation.

____

"So, Ms. Bullock, please indulge me in answering some questions for BlanchTV"

I laughed at her. I don't know where she gets that quirky mind.

"What are you doing?"

"My job, Ms. Bullock. Just a few questions, please. My boss is about to fire me if I don't get this exclusive"

"Okay, shoot"

"So, which of your fellow cast members is your favorite and why Cate Blanchett?"

"I never said it was her!" I kept laughing.

"But I can see it in your eyes. So please, give us your answer"

"Well, you're giving me no choice. Just so you know, I would've picked Rihanna"

She fake gasped. "The nerve! Ladies and gentlemen, you heard it first on BlanchTV, Cate Blanchett's heart has been broken into a million pieces by fellow co-star and ex-partner in crime Sandra Bullock"

"You're such a dork!"

"Ms. Bullock keeps attacking Ms. Blanchett. Wasn't that enough pain already? Would this woman stop at nothing?"

"You geek! I love you". I was laughing so much I didn't even notice that slipped my mouth.

Cate had her mouth open, no words coming out of there.

"What?" I asked, looking back and forth between her face and the road.

"Now that's an exclusive..."

"Oh... about that...". She made me blush when I realized it. "It just slipped out"

"Is it not true then?", her stare was distracting me too much.

"Of course it's true. I love you, Catie. I don't know why I never said that before, but I do"

"I love you too", she said. Her face beaming like a little kid. I smiled and squeezed her hand reassuring her.

She didn't let go of my hand for a while.

___

"So, tell me something you haven't told anyone"

"I was the one asking questions!"

"But you stopped, so you missed your turn. I go now. So, do talk"

"Fine. I want to be Lucy"

"What Lucy? I love Lucy?"

"No, no, Peanuts' Lucy"

"What?? Why??"

"Ohhh, I love her!". As if on cue she began to sing and imitate her voice. It was way too adorable.

We had reached the main gate as she finished her song. I pulled her head and kissed her forehead. "You're too cute, Lucy. We've just arrived"