In a world gone blind

TW: SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

For the next few weeks, the two boys acted like nothing happened, they acted like they always did.

KEL talked to AUBREY and she said she'd hang out with them and try to forgive BASIL, as long as he didn't 'make everything about him.'

BASIL rocked slightly on the swings, SUNNY sitting on the swing beside him.

"S-SUNNY... I.. I understand why AUBREY hates me.. I don't expect her to forgive me.."

BASIL looked over at SUNNY, trying to read his face.

"Do you ever... Feel... D-di-different?? I k-know it's stupid but.. I just.."

He sighed, tightening his grip on the chains of the swing, "S-sorry.. I shouldn't have.. Said.. Anything at all.."

He heard shuffling, and footsteps, he looked back beside him and SUNNY was gone.

"SUNNY? S-SUNNY... where'd you run off to?"

He squealed when he felt a gentle push on his back. SUNNY? Was that him? He prayed SUNNY wouldn't push him too high, knowing he has a weak stomach.

"SU-SUNNY? Wh-" he was cut off when SUNNY pushed him slightly harder. "Ah! SU-SUNNY!?"

BASIL could feel his hands start to hurt as he gripped the chains as hard as he could. He bit his lip to stop him from screaming like a girl, and could feel himself about to puke.

But he heard SUNNY giggling, and couldn't help but slightly laugh himself.

BASIL heard AUBREY and KELs voices in the distance, but he ignored it.

"Woah, god, are you sure you're not scaring the shit out of him, SUNNY?"

He could tell that was AUBREY.

"Eh, nah, he's probably fine!" Confirmed KEL.

BASIL felt the swing slowly come to a stop as it lost momentum. It completely stopped as someone grabbed the chains of the swing.

He opened his eyes to see AUBREY... Of course..

She stared him up and down. A judgmental look on her face. She put on a small smirk, "You okay, weirdo?"

He stared at the ground, praying she'd leave him alone.

Good thing KEL jumped into the conversation, "Yeah, he's fine!! Plus!!! He's not a weirdo!!!"

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I guess he's not." She said, picking up something off the ground.

AUBREY grabbed a piece of BASIL's hair, and clipped whatever it was into his head.

"Your flower clip fell out."

BASIL looked at the ground, where his feet almost touched the grass.

He squeezed his eyes shut, he just wanted her to go away..

"Hey AUBREY!! How about we do a contest!?" KEL jumped in at the perfect time. KEL to the rescue, am I right?

She stepped away from him, and towards KEL, "What kind?"

"Who can swing the highest!! I'll give whoever wins twenty bucks!!"

AUBREY rolled her eyes, "yeah, but I'd definitely win against short kids over there."

KEL thought for a few minutes before putting on a big smile.

"Well, we'll just let SUNNY push BASIL!!"

BASIL had never seen AUBREY sit down so quickly.. She really wanted that twenty.. Huh?

He was just about to remind him about how he throws up easily, but KEL had already said the race started, AUBREY said she'd give them a five second head start, but it was probably actually three.