32| what they want

warning: mentions of child molestation

warning: mentions of child molestation. One year has passed.

    found that the only way that I could keep myself sane in this hellhole of a manor, was to hide. I did it when I was a child, and I found refuge in doing it now as a near adult. I left during the day, hiding in various places to avoid contact with any person there, and would only return once the sun had set. Noritoshi searched for me for hours, but he never could find me. But there was one place that if I didn't care for his presence, I would go.

On the other side of a huge, heavy set of copper doors on the west end of the manor, was one of, if not, the most beautiful places on the estate. I always found myself drifting toward those doors when I wanted solitude. No one was ever out here, including servants or gardeners, and something told me that my brother may have played a role in that. But who was I to complain about that?

With one step taken across the threshold, the combination of several delightful aromas rose from the multitude of sweet-smelling flowers canvassing the grounds. Bred in a number of concentric circles starting from the center of the courtyard, rows, and rows of flowers were organized. From the most vivid yellows to the palest of blues, the transition between each color simulated all of the colors of a rainbow. Surrounding this circular-shaped courtyard, were high, stone walls, completely overgrown with bright green English ivy.

At the center of the courtyard, a marble statue of the goddess Persophone stood. In her left hand, she held a vase, from which a continuous jet of water flowed into the reservoir below. At the base of the statue, a raspberry bush bloomed, each branch filled with ripe, juicy berries.

The concrete was cooler compared to the air because of the mist from the fountain, and the gentle trickling of water calmed me. I lay on the ledge of the fountain, my gaze on the sky above me, my imagination creating images within the clouds. My hands rested against my stomach, my legs extended out in a lax position. My hair slipped over the edge, the ends brushing against the ground below.

I heard the set of doors open and closed my eyes with a deep sigh. Following the loud bang of the doors falling shut, a set of footsteps tapped against the concrete, growing nearer with every moment.

"Finally gracing me with your presence?" Noritoshi hummed.

My serenity and silence were shattered as my brother stood over me, blocking the sun from shining against my skin. I opened my eyes to glare up at him, the corner of my lip tugging in a frown.

"Don't test me, asshole."

He grabbed my legs and swung them over the side, causing my boot to hit the ground with a heavy thud. He placed himself in the previous spot my legs rested, making me glare harder at him in the corner of my eye as I sat up.

"How are you fairing?" He asked.

"I'm tempted to kill everyone here and escape."

Noritoshi sighed. He looked around as if he were checking to make sure anyone else was around. This made me sit up a bit straighter, my frown deepening. He then turned to me, and I saw something swirling behind his dark eyes.