33| my tranquility

I grunted as I grabbed the tree growing off the side of the steep hill, using it as leverage to pull myself over the edge

    I grunted as I grabbed the tree growing off the side of the steep hill, using it as leverage to pull myself over the edge. The dried blood that was caked across my arms and my hands had begun to crack and chip away, leaving a red residue in its place. I lifted my hand and rubbed my cheek, watching as the red flakes fluttered down into the grass.

I have never really stepped into this part of the woods, preferring to stay by the banks of the river passing by, playing in the bright sunlight, admiring the glistening of the white rocks along the river bed. I've heard about this cabin from Boone and Taro and occasionally ventured to the edge of the woods, but never quite stepped in. Boone never let us get too close to this side of the forest, claiming that it was more dangerous.

I now understood why. Just a few kilometers away lay the whole city of Tokyo. Boone had led us out further to keep us away from the city. To keep me away from my clan. But I didn't have to worry about that. Not anymore.

I ventured further into the forest, just wandering at this point. I had no idea where I was, or where I was supposed to go from here. All I knew was I was finally free of the confines that had bound me for nearly a decade. The heavy weight on my shoulders had finally lifted, and I could do whatever the hell I wanted without the fear of being found. There was no one left to find me.

I climbed onto the rocks, my palms scraping across the rough surface. I straightened my back as I rose, my gaze cast out over the side of the cliff. My eyes scanned over the ocean of viridian leaves, watching as they rolled like waves in the breeze. I could see the hills in the distance, some snow still on the tips of the higher mountains.

"Get the fuck away from me!"

I watched as the man stumbled away, though my vision had become obstructed when Noritoshi stood in front of me. He began to walk forward, causing the man to sputter out some sort of empty threat as he backed himself against the wall. I followed his body with my eyes as my brother grabbed him by the collar and threw him into the floor.

"Admit it," He spat, standing over him, his shoulders rising and falling along with his chest.

"I never did—"

"Don't fucking lie to me!"

The crack that resonated through the room made my stomach swirl, but I dared not to show it on my face. The man curled in on himself screaming with pain when Noritoshi moved his foot away from his chest. I could see the anger blazing within his eyes.

"Admit what you did."

The man's gaze flashed to me, his eyes widening. The room grew thick as my cursed energy drifted through it, the sun glinting off the tip of the arrow as I removed it from the quiver. I lined it up with the string and drew it back, resting my cheek against my hand. The man switched from threats to pleading for his pathetic life.