Lost

A man jumped out of the bus and began to yell at her, ' oh Bibi , mar nay Kay liyay humara hi bus Mila hai? Sarak par khari ho Kahan Jana hai ?'

Meerab tried to think of where she wanted to go , " yay bus Kahan jarahi hai ?"

" Karachi ja Raha hai"

Karachi, Karachi was home , " mujhay bhi Karachi Jana hai"

Meerab followed the conductor into the bus and sat down. She puller her duppatta over her and tried to calm her breathing as the bus started on its way.

She heard the conductor collecting the fare and soon he was infront of her , ' lao Bibi paisay do, ticket banain tumhara . Hyderabad say Karachi, 500 rupiya'.

She had left without taking anything with her, no phone ,no purse . She had no money at all.

' meray pass paisay Nahi Hain '

'paisay nahin Hain Tou bus per kyun charhi ho ? Paisay Nahi Hain Tou bus rukwa Doon ga'

She could not get off the bus. Meerab had to reach Karachi, she would go to her Baba and he would make it okay . She just wanted to reach him and hug her parents and forget about everything else.

' mujhay bus say mat utaro, Mera Karachi Jana buhat zarori hai.'

' phir paisay nikalo , bus 500 rupiya'

She had to do something but what and then she remembered the chain she was wearing. The thin gold chain she had worn under the jewellery for the event.

It wasn't a very expensive chain but she had worn it for Murtasim, because it reminded her of when he had put it around her. When she had thought this marriage might be more then a prison, she had stared hoping then for the first time.

Tonight it was the only jewellery he had not ripped off her.

She took it off and handed it to the conductor, ' yay sonay ki chain hai yay Rakh lo'

The conductor took it suspiciously but thankfully moved on, leaving Meerab to her thoughts.

Bus 500 rupiya, Meerab never thought she would be helpless for such a small amount of money. She had never really thought about money that much. Her Baba had always gotten her anything she wanted, had always made sure she had cash when she went out. She had never even focused on the price tags that much when shopping.

After the wedding even though she was no longer allowed to go out as she pleased, money has still not been an issue. If she wanted anything she could just tell the servants and it would be bought with the next grocery run. When she wanted to go shopping with Marium, Murtasim had given her his card, he had never commented on how much she spent.

Of all the troubles in her life, money had never been one of them. She had never even been on a bus before and could only imagine how horrified her family would be

500 rs had been nothing to her once, but now she was realising that she had made a big mistake leaving the house without grabbing her purse.

It would be okay she thought, once she reached home, her Baba would fix it all. Pulling her duppatta over her head, she looked out of the window as the fields of Hyderabad turned into the busier streets of Karachi.

* Votes and feedback welcome*
Not sure if I should follow the Waqas death track. Meerab deserved to have someone in her corner. What do you guys think ?