GuestHouse

Meerab wandered the streets near her house wondering where she could go, she was terrified that someone she knew would see her and inform her parents.

After walking for a while she came near an okay-looking guest house and went inside and asked for a room.

She gave them a fake name , 'Miraal' .

'Ap payment kar di jiyay please'

'meray pass paisay nahi hain'

The receptionist gave her the same look the bus conductor had, probably wondering if he should immediately kick her out, 'maam paison kay baghair kaisay...', he trailed off questioningly.

For the 100th time that night, Meerab cursed herself for leaving without her wallet. Why had she been so dumb? She had not even brought her phone, to call Saba. 

'main ap ko promise kartin ho main check out say pehlay payment kardoon gi'. Perhaps he took pity on her shell shocked state becauase he agreed, warning her that she would not be allowed to leave without clearing the payment.

Meerab made her way to the room and finally, finally since the minute she had walked in on Murtasim and Haya hugging she had a moment to breathe. In a safe space without wondering where to go next, she was able to take a moment to process her next steps.

'Murtasim Yaqeenan mujhay dhoonday ga, meray peechay ay ga. Lekin main nahi jana chahti'' Ya Allah help me make the payment kyun kay agar is nay police ko khabar kar di tou Murtasim yahan tal pohonch jay ga'

Meerab knew he would be looking for her. She knew on not finding her at her parent's house, he would alert the police. He would not leave her alone after all us ki izzat ka masla hai. She was terrified of what he would do to her if he found her. She had to make the payment because if the police came, so would he.

Meerab knew he would check on her parents, but would he check on her friends? She went downstairs to call Saba from the reception phone, only to find the number switched off.

She called her friend Malaika, and convinced her to send her some money and clothes to the hotel.

*Knock on the door*

Meerab jumped up, for a second convinced that he had found her. She opened the door to the package from Mailaika, God bless her friend for the help.

Meerab immediately took a shower and changed, grateful for the new clothes. She wanted to burn her dress, she hated it. She had chosen it so carefully, looking forward to Murtasim's compliments. He was always telling her how pretty she looked,

'tum buhat khoobsarat ho, buhat pyaari ho,Meerab ho. Himmat wali, hoslay wali kisi say na darnay wali, Meri Meerab'

She snapped herself out of her thoughts and went to sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw his face, saw him slamming the doors shut, throwing her across the room. She could hear herself begging him to stop, pleading that he was hurting her. 

She awoke to police sirens and yelling. Terrified, she went out of her room to see police raiding the hotel and dragging people out of their rooms. Before she could run away, a police women found her and dragged her out. 

As she was dragged out to the police car, she realised what was happening. The guest house she had chosen was being used for prostitution. How had she ended up here, when Murtasim found out he was going to kill her. And he would find out, if they took her to the police station he would find out 

One of the girls broke free and the police ran after her, allowing Meerab to slip away. As she looked around desperately for a way out, a rickshaw pulled up, the bus conductor from last night told her to get in. Unable to believe that she had run into him again, Meerab jumped in.

*please vote and comment if you like*

*Waqas chacha dying in next part :(*