Homeless

Somehow Meerab managed to walk home. Her feet on autopilot she soon found herself infront of her home. As she raised her hand to ring the bell, the memories hit her

' Baba darwaza kholain na, ap logon ki Meeraz bahar kahri hai. Ap logon say request Kar rahi hai Kay darwaza khol dain.'

They had not opened the door that day. She had stood outside crying, begging, her heart torn to shreds and they had not opened the door. They had not cared.

' yay mera Ghar tha, bachpan say Mera Ghar tha '

But it had stopped being her home that day. It had been made clear to her that she was only welcome if she came with her husband. They were her parents as long as she was Murtasims wife. She only had a home if she did as they asked.

No one had cared what she had wanted. They had abandoned her at the havelli , at Maa Begums mercy. They had not cared what she would do Meerab to get her to agree to the wedding.

A voice in her head told her to back away, " wahan gayi Tou meerab yay log phir say tumhain Murtasim Kay hawalay kardain gay'

They would call him or Maa Begum and he would come get her. Maybe he would kill her this time, she had run away from home in the middle of the night after all, not caring about his izzat.

She could not take the chance her parents would call Murtasim. They had known how he was and they had still forced her into this marriage, handed her over to him as if she had been a possession. Why would they care now about what he had done to her, they had chosen him for her after all. Tried to convince her it was a worthy match, that he would be a perfect husband.

' tum meri biwi ho Meerab, meri marzi main tumharay sath Jo chahay Kar Sakta hoon. Mujhay koi Nahi rokay ga'

Her parents had been horrified to learn about the contact. That day Murtasim had stopped them from saying anything, would they agree with him now ? Would they say it wasn't wrong, that it was his haq. Would they send her back to Hyderabad with him?

She would not be able to survive that, she could not deal with another betrayal not from her Baba. If he sent her back she would die. So Meerab walked away from the only home she had ever known, realising that it's doors were forever closed to her now.