Haya

' Ma Begum ap mujhay Kahan bhaij Rahi Hain ?', Haya shrieked.

'Haya chillao mat', Maa Begum sighed it was too early in the morning for this.

'Marium tum meri behn ho Kay meray sath yay Kar rahi ho', Haya spun around to face Marium.

'Tum say he seekha hai mainay', Marium snapped back.

Haya was in shock, this was not the Marium she had grown up with. This was not her best friend who had always taken her side. Marium had always spoken in her favour, she was the one who had insisted Haya come back from gaon and today she was sending her to .. ' tum mujhay WAQAS CHACHA KAY GHAR BHAIJ RAHI HO'

Three maids came running into the room on hearing her scream.

'Haya bus buhat hua tamasha, sab Dekh Rahay Hain', Maa Begum waved the maids off.

'Ap mujhay kyun wahan bhaij Rahin Hain ? Ghar say Meerab bhagi thi, saza mujhay day Rahi Hain?'

Haya walked to Maa Begum and held her hand ,' Ap phir say Meerab Ki baton main agayi Hain ? Yaad hai na us ki wajah say mujhay ap nay gaon bhaija tha. aur ab mujhay us Kay Ghar bhaij rahi Hain ?'

' Haya sirf Kuch din ki baat hai', Maa Begum looked uneasily at Marium. She did not want to send Haya away, however this was Marium's condition to speak to her. Maa Begum had missed Marium desperately, especially after all that Waqas had said. Had she really failed her own daughter so badly ?

' Tou mujhay gaon bhaij dain, lekin main Meerab Kay Ghar Nahi jaon gi'

'Meerab Ka Ghar Tou ab yay hai, aur Aneela chachi aur Waqas chacha bhi akelay ho gay hain. Tum un ko company daina', Marium walked toward the door one of Haya's bags.

'Maa Begum ap Mera sath aisa Nahi Kar sakti', Haya watched as a servant came to pick up her bags.

'Haya tum Karachi ghoomna , tumhay Tou yay hi shikayat thi na Kay Tum hamesha havelli mai rehti ho', Maa Begum tried to come up with a bright side.

*****************************************

'Maa Begum kya main ab wapis asakti hoon ? Main yahan mar Jaon gi', Haya begged on the phone.

'Kyun Aneela nay Kuch kaha hai ?'

'Nahi mujhay ap log buhat Yaad arahay Hain'

'Mujhay bhi tum Yaad ati ho. Acha Haya mujhay Jana hai, baad main baat kartay Hain Allah Hafiz', Maa Begum hung up the phone.

Haya threw the phone down on her bed in frustration.

It had been a week since she had arrived in Karachi, and each day seemed more miserable then the last.

She had been shown to one of the guest rooms and then left alone. Aneela chachi was extremely cold toward her and seemed to always be waiting for Haya to mess something up.

She had grown extremely annoyed by this behaviour. There was also an extreme lack of servants in the house. There was no one to bring her water or to go get things for her. She had been extremely shocked to find out that if she wanted something she would have to go out and get it herself.

Haya had no friends in Karachi she could visit and so she was mostly stuck in the house if not shopping.

Today Aneela Chachi was hosting a lunch. Haya knew from previous experience if she went downstairs she would have to listen to Aneela Chachi explain to everyone how she was Murtasims sister who had come to stay in Karachi due to some issues.

She always made sure to emphasize that Haya was murtasim ki behn, making sure to give Haya an ice cold smile as she said it.

How long would she have to stay here? 'Pata Nahi is Marium ki bachi ko kya hogaya hai, Naurez say Shaadi kya karli'.