Marium

When Meerab woke up the next morning she had a splitting headache. She got up to get some medicine but halfway to the kitchen her vision swam and she stumbled.

'Bibi Ji !!,' , Meerab blinked up at the maid who was trying to help her stand up.

'Meerab kya hua hai?' , Murtasim had come from his study, hearing the maid scream.

'Khan Bibi Ji gir gayi, aur inko kaafi teez bhukar hai.'

Meerab's had was spinning and she wished everyone would stop talking.

'Meerab kya hua,' murtasim was kneeling down beside her.

'Kuch Nahi bus sir main dard hai, just help me to the sofa.'

'Meerab you're burning up.'

Was she ? Meerab didn't feel cold, she felt numb.

Murtasim scooped her up and carried her back to bed. Everything felt fuzzy and she tried to hold on to him but he was talking on the phone.

She didn't remember falling back asleep, but when she woke up again she heard a lady speaking.

'Bhukar thora teez hai but nothing to worry about abhi. Medicine say control main Ajay ga lekin if ziyada teez ho Tou please take her to the hospital ASAP.'

'Humari Karachi ki flight hai kal, will she be able to travel ?'

'Haan, it's most likely due to the weather , ap fikar mat karain Khan, Meerab bilkul theek ho jay gi.'

Someone sat down beside her, and she felt a cool cloth across her forehead. She opened her eyes to see Murtasim with a bowl of water.

'Meerab , how are you feeling ?'

'What happened?', he helped her sit up.

'High fever but ab neechay araha hai '

'Oh', she felt exhausted.

A servant entered with a food tray. ' mujhay abhi Nahi Khana, mujhay Sona hai.'

'idhar tray dain', Murtasim took the tray and Meerab saw a bowl of soup.

'Meerab you need to eat it' , he lifted a spoon to her lips.

'phir I can nap ?'

'Yes baby'

'Okay', she was so tired she would do anything to go back to sleep.

Meerab dozed off into a fitful sleep with fever induced dreams.

Whenever she woke up either Murtasim or one of the servants was by her side , placing cool cloths across her forehead.

Meerab dreamt that she was running in an abadoned park, with someone chasing her. She woke up screaming and thrashing.

Something was holding her down, he had caught her. She screamed again ' Baba Baba'

' Meerab Meerab it's okay it was just a dream.'

She came out of her haze, she wasn't in a park she was in her room. Murtasim was holding her close in his arms.

'it was just a dream, you're safe Jaan, I'm right here.'

'He was chasing me and and.' , Meerab broke off unsure what had really happened in the dream.

'Shhh it's okay , so jao wapis , I'm right here baby .'

'we were supposed to explore Islamabad today', she mumbled half asleep.

' I'll bring you back sweetheart, whatever you want.'