Chp 1 - That Night

*Continues from Haya talking to Meerab*

Haya: Tum to buhat Bolti thi na meri marzi meri marzi ab dekho kya hogaya

Meerab knew Haya was there and talking to her but she couldn't understand what she was saying, could not focus on the words.

The words Meri Marzi kept ringing in her head as she struggled to comprehend what had happened.

How could he have done that, she had been angry at him. Perhaps more then she should have been given that she knew what Haya was like. Then again he had left without talking to her after seeing her with Rohail at the restaurant.

And Meerab had not been alone with Rohail, had not been hugging him.

He had said he had loved her and that he would wait for her to be ready.

What was she going to do?What if he came back? She had no idea where he had gone.

She tried to focus on what Haya was saying.

Haya: Agar tum chahti hi Woh tumhari shakal ko tarsay , tum say maafi mangay Tou challi jao us ki Zindagi say, Gayab ho jao us ki Zindagi say.

Haya laughed to herself as she walked out leaving Meerab crying on the floor.

She had to leave, for once Haya was right. She had to leave before Murtasim came back.

Meerab shuddered as she got up and tried to wipe away her tears. She had to get out and she had to get out now, because she could not face him.

She didn't really remember walking out the door, but she soon found herself at the gate with the guard questioning her. The guard who wanted to call Murtasim.

Guard: Bibi ji Woh khan ko batana zaroori hai

Meerab nearly collapsed. No he could not know , if he found out he would never let her leave and she didn't know what he would do to her.

Tonight she had seen a different side of her husband. Cold, cruel, uncaring. He had not cared that he was hurting her, that she had asked him to stop. It was a different person then the one she had been living with these last few months, almost like a mask and had slipped off and the truth behind it revealed.

She wanted to laugh, he had warned her had he not? " Agar meray andar Ka janwar jaag Gaya tou tum Kuch Nahi sambhal Sago gi'

She needed to stop the guard from calling him.

Meerab: Murtasim khan ki biwi Ka hukm hai darwaza kholo

Because she was his biwi now wasn't she? In every sense of the word.

Guard : theek theek hai Bibi Ji

The guard opened the gate allowing Meerab to walk out. Away from this prison, away from him.

Please do give feedback and vote thanks*