Eraus II

After passing the board, I immediately flew back to Argentina. I had to fix some problems in my business. Being inactive for years has given me trouble adjusting.

Entering medical school created tough decisions to make.

I had to think about what major I should specialize in. My cousins are doctors: Undrra, Miya, and Felocia. One is an embryologist, pediatrician, and obstetrician-gynecologist. For me to gather ideas from their profession, they made me accompany them in the process of egg fertilization combined with sperm in vitro they performed on one of their clients.

I served as an assistant during the whole process.

The process wasn't easy; tests are very delicate to make sure there are no complications. As one of the nurses, I had knowledge about embryos, but it was really something to know that the eggs from a healthy and fertile woman can be suctioned by a needle and transferred to another woman whose ovaries have been stimulated to gradually accept the egg injected together with the sperm of a man to create life.

When I thought that things were going smoothly. Heck, I was goddamn wrong.

The moment she turned eighteen years old, her father removed the bodyguards I appointed to protect her, and I was forbidden to come near Amastrise! They had totally banned and blocked me from her life!

When I tried to reach out and talk to her father, he said that I should move on and find another girl because he had already given Azrael permission to marry his daughter.

Felt betrayed; for years he had known that I loved her daughter, and for many years I respected his decision that I could only court Amastrise when I already held a diploma.

Now that I want to introduce myself to the person I love, he has taken away my rights. I didn't show my love interest in Amastrise when she was young because she wasn't ready; she couldn't decide properly. If I showed up and flirted with her at such a young age, that was grooming. I didn't want it that way. I never want to have her manipulated by me so she can say she loves me.

Was I wrong for patiently waiting? Am I too cowardly for not introducing myself to her? Amastrise is the love of my life. She's the only woman I can call my other half. She's the only woman I dreamed of being with. I'm what I am now because of her.

For the first time, I felt hopeless for both of us. I haven't expressed my feelings for her, and I haven't spoken about them once. I know this time is different, and I won't see her as much because her heart has always been with Azrael.

Preparing an armed battalion to abduct Amastrise was the only way I could have her in my life. The demons I buried in the depths of my inner self came out and took control of me.

I was never a saint to begin with.

My cousins warned me that the hospital where Amastrise rushed in after the fucking racing with the mother fuckers was surrounded by the men of Salem, larger than my battalion, and I was outnumbered.

The hell I care! I didn't mind the possible threat and proceeded with the plan. I'll die, then I'll be dead, but I will not leave without her.

Arriving at the hospital, my cousins made me disguise myself as one of the doctors.

"This is a damn suicide mission, Eraus! Have you seen their men downstairs? Before you can step outside with her, you'll be dead!"

Undrra wants to slap me for walking to find Amastrise's room.

"Listen, Eraus, we know how much you love her; maybe there's another way to have her."

There's no other way, Felocia.

Ignoring my cousin's pleas, I went to find the door where the stairs are. We have to be discreet in every move. They tried to convince the men I brought with me. Their boyfriends, I need back up, though I am still outnumbered.

We were almost caught when I opened the door. They immediately pulled me into the other room. Holding my shoulders firmly to stop me from going out, Fuck! I don't care anymore! I wouldn't have taken their boyfriends with me, so I wouldn't have been stopped.

Miya gave me a death glare and shouted at me. "Goddamn it, Eraus! That was so close!" Her loud scream will be the reason if they ever catch us now.

I have to think more carefully and make a more critical move to sneak in.

Then I saw her mother, Helga, and my uncle, Virgil, disguised as one of the bodyguards. I didn't waste the chance to talk to her. She was surprised when I approached them; she let me see Amastrise, who was lying in the hospital bed with a gauze pad on her head.

Her mother smiled at me, and my uncle was a bit nervous and sweating as hell. He knows what I'm up to but didn't meddle since her daughters are by my side. He's scared of my cousins.

"It's pleasant to meet you again, ma'am. I'm here to visit Amastrise." And kidnap her after our conversation, I almost added.

"Thank you for visiting her. She's still sleeping due to the medicine they injected into her. Hopefully, when she wakes up, you two will talk."

I hope so.

"I know that Martin has withheld his words from you. I hope you'll forgive us; we're just thinking about our daughter's feelings. As her mother, I knew that in her entire life she'd only love one guy, but then the circumstances changed and she was with Ptolemy now."