Chapter Sixteen

A/N: This might be the last uploaded chapter for a little while. I don't have much time to write anymore. Stay tuned!! Thanks for reading! (:

The exhibition at the art museum wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Siobhan’s work was simply amazing. That girl definitely had talent. Hayden, Bradley or Mum and I didn’t end up arguing, which was a miracle, and we actually stayed from start-to-finish for once. There was also a shit load of free food, but I didn’t eat. I wasn’t hungry, and it would have broken my three-day streak of not eating. I found that it helped me not to cut. Siobhan had seen my arm earlier in the week, and made me promise not to do it again. It was a promise I knew I couldn’t keep, but I had to do it for her. She started crying and slapped me, what else was I supposed to do? So I stopped eating, because my food was something else I could control.

Rod knew about Dad. Mum couldn’t bring herself to do it so she asked Bradley to. He didn’t really understand, but we told him Dad was the brightest star in the sky, shining down on us, making sure that we were alright. He believed it.

School was over for the year, and I spent the next two weeks, somewhat studying-but-mostly-procrastinating for the exams. I think I did well in them despite my thoughts never leaving Mia. She had to sit in front of me in the English exam, and I just wanted to reach over and kiss her. I’d take her on right then and there if I had her permission. Of course I didn’t, and I was sure I never would. But I still had hope.

It was about a week after my exams when I got a text from an unknown number, just simply saying, “Hey…” I had just finished walking Rod and Siobhan to school, since they finished just a week before Christmas, and now was sitting beneath a tree by the river. Mia lived so close; I had to fight against the urge of seeing her.

I replied: Sorry, who’s this?

Unknown number: Mia…

Wait, what? Mia was texting me? How did she get my number?

Oh that’s right; I included it in that paragraph I gave her just over a month ago.

Why was she texting me?

Me: Oh…

Ten minutes had passed and she hadn’t replied. I decided to text her again considering my previous message wasn’t much of a conversation starter.

Me: How are you??

Mia: I’m alright, what about you?

Me: Same.

Mia: Good. Hey, can I see you?

Me: Uh sure… I’m in your area, should I go to yours?

Mia: Yes (:

Me: Now?

Mia: Of course

Me: So you’re not in your pyjamas…?

Mia: Shut up and get over here…

I smiled at her hastiness and practically ran to hers. I hoped this wasn’t some set up. I really wanted to see her. My feelings had definitely not changed since the last time I saw her.

When Mia opened the door, I was breathless.

She looked amazing.

Like, really amazing.

Really, really amazing, yeah, you get the point.

Her russet-brown hair was flowing over her shoulders. Her fringe was just above her captivating blue eyes, and she wasn’t wearing any make-up. She was fitted into a singlet and short-shorts, which may I add showed her curves perfectly. I could see faint purple scars along her wrists and knew they were done quite a while ago, unlike mine. I had been a month without cutting. I was quite proud.