Chapter 59

Rishma's POV :

Rishma's POV :

I locked the door and ran down the stairs. On reaching the door of Mrs. Masson's house I saw her and her husband, Mr. Matthew Masson, standing outside.

I walked up to them before asking why they were standing outside and Mr. Masson said, "Thank you so much Rishma. I can't thank you enough in words, I was really devastated when Angelina told me everything that happened yesterday."

"Don't mention it. Even I was scared. I called my mother for help and she told me what to do, all this credit goes to her." I smiled, but my inner mind was frantically singing a song with a guitar.

"How do you feel now?" I asked Mrs. Masson, placing my hand on her stomach.

"I'm completely fine now." She said in a relieved voice.

I bent down to her stomach and talked to her baby. "Hello, excuse me Lilliput. Stop playing football over there, come out soon let's play on the ground. Stop hurting your mummy."

Both of them laughed at my childish talk. I stood straight and looked at their beautiful smiles and the endless joy on their faces, and my heart was completely filled.

Mrs. Masson hugged me, "Thank you so much dear."

"Actually we're going to the hospital for a scan, so we thought we'd take you along. Oh.. then you'll know who's inside playing football, him or her." Matthew asked me to come with them.

"I have a seminar to present today and I have class until the evening. Sorry I can't come with you." I said, crying like a child in my mind.

"We thought you'd be free today." said Mrs. Masson, disappointed.

"I wanted to come with you when you said that, unfortunately it's not possible today. You go and do the scanning. When I come home from college, tell me if it's a girl or a boy." I looked at both of them.

"Okay dear, join us on the way and we'll drop you off at college." said Mr. Masson curiously, I thought it was a great idea.

"Sure." I agreed happily.

Mrs. Masson's face brightened even more when I agreed to come with them.

••••

The wheels of the car rolled up the track and I sat next to Mrs. Masson in the back seat while Mr. Mathew drove the car very slowly. He takes care of his wife and makes things that comfort her.

But it irritated Mrs. Masson and spat out the words she had longed to say from the moment he turned right from the quarters.

"Will you drop her off at college before the moon rises?"

She looked at him through the side view mirror.

"Sure. What's wrong with you now?" he asked, shifting gears.