~CHAPTER FIVE~

   Arlo had been sat in her room with her door shut since she got home, two hours ago. It was nearly ten p.m. now. She closed her laptop that had been playing a random YouTube video and walked over to her dresser. The girl grabbed some clothes and set them on her bed, shut her dresser, and walked out of her room to the bathroom that was directly across the hallway. The door was shut so she knocked lightly on it. Her brother quickly opened the door and she shoved past him, locking the bathroom door when she was inside. 

   Pulling the dark blue shower curtain open, she turned the water on. She walked towards the mirror and ran her fingers through her slightly wavy hair. She leaned in towards the mirror, her finger tracing the scar again. Arlo pulled a makeup wipe out of the drawer that was below the sink. She wiped the concealer off of the scar on her forehead, then her mascara. As the bathroom mirror fogged up, she pulled her grey hoodie off revealing the shirt Eli had given her hours before. She smiled before pulling off the rest of her clothes and stepping into the shower.

   After about twenty minutes of her being in the shower she turned the water off and wrapped herself into a large, soft brown towel. Arlo unlocked the bathroom door, steam escaping the bathroom. She shivered as the cold air in the apartment covered her. Looking down the small hallway, into the living room, she saw her brother sitting on the couch with an Xbox controller in his hand. She rolled her eyes as she entered her bedroom.

   As she turned around her eyes found her reflection in the mirror on her door. She stared at the girl in the mirror. Her eyes darting from her face to her arms, to her stomach still covered by the towel, then her legs still slightly dripping with water. Her eyes began to water as she quickly turned her back to the mirror. Quickly pulling her clothes on, a pair of black loose shorts and a red long sleeve shirt that was two sizes too big. She picked up her phone off her nightstand as she fell backwards onto her bed. It was ten twenty-two. Without thinking, she clicked Eli's contact, calling him. He answered on the second ring.

   "Hey." His voice was groggy.

   "I didn't wake you up did I?" Arlo asked slight panic in her voice.

   "No, don't worry." He lied while he sat up in his bed.

   "Could I still stay at your house?" Arlo bit the skin around her thumbnail. "I know it's late so it's okay if-"

   "No, no. You can always come over." Eli cut her off.

   Arlo exhaled loudly. "Thank you."

   "Is everything okay?" Eli asked worry in his voice.

    "Yeah, yeah." Arlo nodded her head. "I just really don't want to be alone with my brother right now."

   "Oh okay." Eli put the phone on speaker, he was slightly confused but he wasn't going to pry.

   Arlo cleared her throat softly. "I'm gonna get my stuff together for school tomorrow."