~CHAPTER FIFTEEN~

"What happened?" The boy on the other end of the phone sounded panicked as he heard sobs from the girl

"Asher he... I-" Arlo couldn't manage to get the words out, she didn't know how to explain what had happened.

"Where are you?" Arlo could hear a car door open and shut on his end of the phone.

"I'm outside my apartment but I'm walking as far away as I can." Arlo choked out as she continued walking.

"I'm gonna be there soon, Lo."

"Eli!" Arlo began running as she heard Asher shouting her name. "Hurry!"

"What's happening?" The boy shouted into the phone as he raced down the street, nearly missing a turn.

"He's trying to find me." Arlo was breathing heavily as she ran down the side of the street.

"Who's trying to find you?" Hawk asked as he turned down the street of Arlo's apartments.

"Asher." Arlo exhaled as she turned around and ran into the car that was now next to her.

Arlo buckled her seatbelt as soon as she was in the passenger seat. Once the car began to move, she turned her head as they passed the main entrance of the small apartment building. Asher was staring directly at her.

"Oh my god." Arlo leaned into the seat and tears rolled down her face.

Hawk turned to look at the distraught girl. He reached his hand to touch her shoulder, but she flinched. The boy was confused as to why she flinched, she never had before. "Lo, what happened?"

Arlo turned towards the boy who was driving, she wiped her eyes. "Asher told me I was the reason our dad died."

"What the fuck?" Hawk glanced over at Arlo and then back to the road.

"And then he grabbed my wrist." Arlo looked down at her wrist which still hand a red ring around it from Asher's hands. "I told him to let go and he didn't so I shoved my thumb into his shoulder."

Hawk exhaled slowly listening to the girl while she spoke.

"I went to go to my room, and he grabbed my shoulder. I told him not to touch me and then I flipped him over my back." Arlo's voice was shaking as she spoke, still looking down at her wrist. "He was really drunk so I dont-"

"Him being drunk is not an excuse." Hawk spoke softly as he shook his head.

Arlo looked over at the boy, his jaw was clenched tightly. "I know but-"

"Don't defend him. Especially after that." Arlo watched him as he spoke.

The rest of the drive back to his house was quiet. When they pulled into the driveway, Hawk walked around and opened the door for Arlo. She gave him a soft smile and they walked into the house. Mrs. Moskowitz was sat at the table, she looked up when the door was opened.