~CHAPTER TWENTYSIX~

*:・゚✧*:・゚ "I was just rolling around in cement with a bunch of sweaty guys!" *:・゚✧*:・゚

   Arlo could not have been more correct when she said last night that practice wouldn't be fun. Since five a.m. that morning, they had been mixing cement. No one understood why that's what their Sensei made them do, but no one had bothered to ask yet. It was now about ten-thirty, and the sun was beaming down on the group as they worked.

   Hawk and Arlo were mixing their cementin a wheelbarrow while Miguel poured more dry powder in. Arlo and Hawk had been taking turns using the shovel to mix it around while the other sprayed water in. It was Arlo's turn to use the shovel and her shirt was already drenched in sweat.

   "One second." Arlo told Hawk when he tried to hand her the shovel. "I'm sweating so bad my shirt is soaking."

   "Just take it off." Hawk told her and shrugged her shoulders.

   Arlo stared at him with confusion before she looked around and saw some of the guys had taken theirs off. She debated in her mind about it for a few seconds before fighting back thoughts about how she would look. After she pulled her shirt off, she was wearing only black running shorts and a matching sports bra. There was minimal relief from the heat but at least her shirt wasn't sticking to her skin anymore.

   "Hey Bert, catch!" Arlo shouted and Bert looked up at her from the ground where he was kneeling down to pick up a bag of cement mix. Arlo threw her shirt at him, and it landed on his feet since he didn't have time to properly catch it.

   "What's this for?" Bert shouted back at her while he picked up her shirt.

   "It's my shirt, don't let it get covered in cement!" Arlo shouted before turning to Hawk. "One more second."

   Arlo grabbed the hair tie off of her wrist and pulled her hair back into a tight ponytail. She put her hands on her hips, closed her eyes, and took a few deep breaths.

   "You okay?" Hawk asked Arlo.

   "Yeah." Arlo opened her eyes and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. "It's just hot as balls out here."

   "For real." Miguel agreed and he took a deep breath before bending over to pick up more dry  mix.

   Arlo reached her hand out for the shovel and Hawk handed it to her before he picked up the water hose off of the ground. After a few minutes of Arlo mixing, Hawk adding water, and Miguel pouring more powder into the wheelbarrow, Johnny started walking around the group.

   "Don't add too much water." Johnny announced loudly and Arlo looked up to see him talking to Mitch. "You wanna make it nice and thick."

   Johnny started making his way over to Miguel, Hawk and Arlo.