~CHAPTER TWENTYFIVE~

*:・゚✧*:・゚ "Don't fucking blame me because you're mad at yourself." *:・゚✧*:・゚

   Hawk had just dropped Arlo off at her apartment building. He offered to stay outside and wait for her, but Arlo told him that she was okay and if she needed him, she would call. Arlo took a deep breath as she looked up at the blue sign that read 'South Seas'. 

   When she pulled open the metal gate to enter the apartment she exhaled. Even though she was nervous to back there, it was comforting to be home. She walked around the pool and up the stairs to apartment 20. The door was unlocked so she opened it and as soon as she walked in, she saw her mom sitting on the couch.

   "Hey Mom." Arlo smiled slightly as she shut the door.

   Christina jumped off of the couch and ran over to Arlo wrapping her up in a tight hug. "Hi honey."

   Arlo smiled as she felt her mom run her fingers through her hair and then they pulled away from the hug. Christina walked over to the couch and waved Arlo over. Arlo pulled her converses off and sat on the other end of the couch form her mom.

   When Arlo was sitting on the couch she looked over and saw the picture Asher had thrown at the wall. It was propped up in a brand-new black picture frame.

   "You got a new frame for it?" Arlo asked and looked over at her mom who looked confused. She picked up the picture and showed it to Christina. "When Asher threw this picture, it shattered."

  Christina pulled her eyes away from the picture and shook her head. "I'm so sorry he said all of that to you, honey."

   "It's okay." Arlo shrugged her shoulders and set the frame back on the end table next to her.

   "It's not okay." Christina grabbed Arlo's hand when it was closer to her. "You didn't deserve that."

   Arlo looked over at her mom whose eyes were full of tears. "I know."

   Christina let go of Arlo's hand and opened her arms for a hug, which Arlo accepted. Arlo leaned into her mom and the smell of her perfume filled her nose. Christina started running her hands through Arlo's hair again.

   "You know it's not your fault, right?" Christina asked after a long silence and Arlo pulled away from the hug.

   "I know." Arlo shrugged her shoulders again and tried fighting back the tears that were forming in her eyes. "I mean, I know it's not, but there's some parts of me that really believe it was."

   "Oh baby." Christina exhaled as she wiped the tears that rolled down her cheeks. "Don't ever listen to that part of you. It was not your fault."

   The tears spilled out of Arlo's eyes and her bottom lip shook. "But if we never would have gone that day, he would still be here."