Chapter 2

I had snuck out once again. It was much better than being at home in that house with him. I went to one of my favored places in the world.

The street way. You could find any street racer there. I was one of them, but I wasn't going to race today. Which was a bummer. My so called father decided to take the keys from me.

You could see everyone lined up at the starting line. The air was filled with gasoline and smoke. There were a few people drinking, but that was no surprise.

"Look who it is. So you up for a wild drive?" Mark, the guy who host the street races asked. We were pretty close. I liked the guy. "No can do. He took the keys from me. I really need to separate my street keys from his keys." I ground, felling stupid for not doing it. "That's for sure. So who you betting on?" He asked.

If I couldn't race I would bet on someone. It usually was the same person, the one and only Decaro. No one new his real name but he was the best of the best, but he wasn't here.

"Damn it. You know what you pick. I don't care." I handed him a hundred dollars. He put it in the tray that he had to collect the betting money. "All right. Best of luck. People are betting a lot on Markus since Decaro isn't here. Will see how this goes." I laughed.

Who in there right mind would bet on him. He had lost every race he's ever been in. This was going to be exiting.

I got up onto the light poll. It was my favored spot to watch the race. No one else had the balls to climb up it, and I didn't have to be in the group of drunks constantly.

I wasn't surprised when Markus lost. It really was no surprised to me. Mark walked up to me as I slide down the light poll. "Congrats you just one twenty seven million dollars." My eyes widen. I couldn't believe it I had won. "Well shit!" I was completely surprised.