Chapter 11

I was in the corner of my room. The lights were off. I couldn't help but get that dream out of my head. The same dream I have every night, the one I wake up screaming to. The night I killed my so called father.

There was a knock at the door. "Keiran would you let me in?" I heard Vishuddha say from behind the door. I didn't really want to talk with anyone, not for a while. I didn't respond. His footsteps slowly faded.

It was probably around dinner. I didn't really know. I couldn't see the clock where I was sitting, and my curtains were closed. I could feel my hands shaking. I tried so hard to stop them. I tried putting pressure on them, moving them around, playing with my hair. Nothing was working, my mind started to race.

That's when I did it. The one thing I have been three months clean for. I cut my wrist and arms. The shaking had stoped but at what cost? Blood was dripping down from my arms.

I held them over the bathroom sink. I had no clue where I even found something sharp enough to cut myself with. I raped bandages around my arms. I cleaned up the blood, leaving no evidence.

There was a bang on my door, scaring the shit out of me. I walked slowly over to the door. My hands started to shake again as I opens the door. "H-hey Muladhara." I hesitate. He pushed open my door. I took a step back.

"You didn't come down for dinner, are you all right?" He asked. I nodded fearfully. "Completely fine, you?" I asked, trying to keep my voice calm. "If you say so. You start school in the morning." He said before leaving. I stood there with my door still open.

After a minute or so I closed my door. Engulfing my room into the darkness once again. I went over to my bed and curled up on top of my blankets. I held my knees close to my chest. I don't recall closing my eyes any time during the night.