Chapter 15

“Don't say things like that again, Fang. I don't like it at all," Niti said in a deep voice.

“Even if you don't like it, but it's true! Can't you see it? I made a grave mistake, but you can still talk like I did nothing wrong,” Fang burst out in tears feeling ashamed of himself. He didn't want anyone to take his side at a time like this. Fang leaned his head against the car console while Niti was silent. He understood Fang's feelings well. He also didn't want Fang to think too much. But it seems that his good intentions are too great making Fang feel worse than before. Niti raised his hand and lightly stroked Fang's head making him feel guilty again cause he accidentally ranted at Niti.

"I'm sorry Phi Niti. Please take me back. I have to go to work,” Fang said in a low voice before taking a deep breath and sitting up straight again. He turned and smiled at Niti with watery eyes. Niti stroked Fang's cheek lightly before driving out of the parking lot to go straight to send him to his cousin's company. After reaching there Niti parked his car in the parking lot.

“Thank you,” Fang waved his hand in greeting. Then proceeded to unbuckle the seat belt. But Niti grabbed his hand first.

"Wait a minute, Fang,” Niti held Fang back. Fang slowly turned to look at him.

"What's wrong?" Fang asked back.

“Tomorrow, I will have to go south again. Can I pick you up this evening? I want to take you to dinner one more time," Niti said, asking in a soft voice. Fang slightly hesitated.

“But Proud will come to pick me up," Fang said because Proud said he would come to pick him up.

“Invite Proud to come with us. I won't be here for many days," Niti tried to convince him again. Fang was still thinking before nodding.

"Yes, but I'd like to ride with Proud," Fang said, causing Niti to be a little silent. He let out a puff of breath.

“Okay, whatever. I'll go out and run some errands first. Then I'll come and see you again when it's almost time to finish work. So that we can drive to the restaurant together,” said Niti.

“Yes,” Fang replied and opened the car door. But Niti still held him back.

"Brother Niti, I have to go to work," said Fang in a low voice.

“I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. But would it be too much if I ask you to smile for me a little?" Niti asked in a gentle voice. Fang looked at Niti a little surprised before giving a faint smile. But it was a smile that looked completely tired. Niti smiled, although he knew how much Fang struggled to smile. But he was satisfied seeing that he tried for him.

"See you this evening," Niti replied, and Fang slowly nodded his head before getting out of his car and immediately went up to work. As for Niti, he continued to drive to run his own errands.

“What's wrong, Fang? Why are your eyes so swollen?” Ben asked worriedly seeing that Fang came back with a bad expression.

“It's nothing. I'll go to work first. I'm 10 minutes late, sorry P' Ben," Fang raised his hands to Ben. Ben shook his head.

"It's okay, if you feel bad, tell me, don't force it," said Ben, fearing that Fang might not feel well. Fang responded before continuing to do his work.

..............

Anxiously, Case approached his brother in the company as he was called to meet him.

“Brother Ken?" Case asked the secretary in front of Ken's room.

“In the room. The president asked you to go in," The secretary replied. Case went and knocked on the door of his brother's office before opening the door with a sullen expression. Ken raised his face a little from the document he was reading. Seeing that it was his brother, he bent down to look at the document again before signing it.