I've Got Sunshine

Your eyes fluttered open, the sun was shining through the windows. Ellies back faced you, your arm rested on her waist. Her hand rested on top of yours. You moved your hand from her waist and you softly scratched Ellies back. You scratched up and down her back, she turned to look at you with her adorable grin.

"Good morning." Ellie said, pulling you closer to her by the waist. She gave you a soft kiss on the lips, she tucked some loose hair behind your ear.

"Are you going on patrol today?"

"Yeah, but I should be back before 3. I can pick you up from school." Ellie yawned.

"We're doing math today. So that should be fun." you said sarcastically, you nuzzled your head into Ellies shoulder.

You slowly got up and put your legs over the bed. Ellie grabbed your waist pulling you back and left kisses all over your face. You shrieked and giggled.

You both got out of bed and walked to the closet. Ellie pulled her shirt over her head and you saw all the scars on her back. You traced your finger over them, she looked over her shoulder and gave you a soft smile.

Putting on your jeans and Ellies flannel, you walked to the kitchen. You took two slices of bread and put Ellie's favorite jam on them.

"Hey, I'm running super late. I gotta go." Ellie said, rushing to get her toast. She gave you a quick kiss and headed to the door.

"I'll see you later, love you." Ellie said, shutting the door. You laughed at her rushed state, she was always running late when you guys were together.

You ate your toast and put some snow boots on. It was flurrying outside as you walked to the school. Being one of the teachers for the younger students of Jackson had its challenges, the kids were so full of energy. But they looked up to you as an important figure in their life. It felt amazing to make a difference in their life.

The day went by fast with the kids packing up their books and stuffing them in their backpacks.

"I will see you guys tomorrow. Enjoy the snow!" they all waved and said their goodbyes to you.

Standing in the doorway was Ellie, she was smiling at the way you were so kind to the kids.

"Ready?" Ellie said, moving over to where you were standing.

"Yup." you said as you grabbed your bag. She held her hand out for you and you accepted it gladly.

"How was patrol?"

"It was ok. Just the usual, how was teaching?" Ellie asked, you love how she always asks you questions about your day.

"They were all excited from the snow, so we kinda just did crafts. I taught them how to make paper snowflakes." Ellie looked at you like you were the only person in the world.

"I'm glad you had a fun day." Ellie said, kissing the side of your head.

_________________________________________________________

I know this ones a bit short, but imma post a longer one tomorrow <3