Spirit Tree

We all sat on a large rock, Ao'nung standing against a tree trunk. I sat below him, just to the side.

"This Tulkun, he was alone." Lo'ak spoke.

"No Tulkun is ever alone, Lo'ak." Tsireya spoke as she places a hand onto Lo'ak's forearm. My eyes narrowed as I watched the gesture between my sister and the Sully boy.

"Well this one was. He was missing a fin too. Just a stump on his left side." Lo'ak told everyone. My siblings and Rotxo went quiet, all sending glances to each other.

"Poor Tulkun." Tuk sighed.

"Payakan." Tsireya muttered to herself.

"Who's Payakan?" Kiri asked, who had heard the girl.

"A young Tulkun bull who had went rouge. He's an outcast and has a missing fin." Ao'nung spoke up as he leaned down into a crouching position next to me. He turned his face towards me, our eyes catching each others gaze. I turned away from my brother quickly. I was still mad at him for leaving me with Lo'ak in the middle of the sea.

"They say he is a killer!" Tsireya told Lo'ak. The boy shook his head quickly.

"No. No! He saved Y/n and I from being killed by the Akula!" Lo'ak exclaimed. Ao'nung rolled his eyes before speaking. I slapped him on the head, harder then I intended too.

"He killed other Na'vi and Tulkun. Not here...but far to the South." Ao'nung explained to everyone. Mostly Lo'ak.

"He is no killer." I demanded as I shook my head at my brother. "If he was, he wouldn't have saved us. He would've let us die Ao'nung. And then you'd be bearing two deaths on your shoulders." I snapped. My brothers ears lowered at my words, the teens around us looking uncomfortable at my words.

"Lo'ak..." Tsireya called quietly. "...You are lucky to be alive right now." She added. She placed her hand on Lo'aks arm, the boy grabbing onto her forearm.

"I'm telling you guys! He is no killer. He saved our life's, he's my friend." Lo'ak said to everyone. Neteyam stood up, walking over to Lo'ak and putting his hands on the back of his neck.

"My baby bro. The mighty warrior who faced the killer Tulkun Payakan and lived to tell the story!" Neteyam exclaimed. Lo'ak groaned, shrugging his big brother's hands off of him and standing up quickly.

"You guys aren't listening..." Lo'ak said as he started to walk off. "...I don't even know why I bother to try." He muttered. My ears flattened, my gaze softening as I looked at him.

"Lo'ak! I'm listening!" Tuk called after him. Lo'ak ignored her, continuing to walk away.

Kiri called Neteyam a skxwang, the boy sighing. Everyone stood up, Neteyam glancing over at me once Lo'ak was totally out of our view. I gave him a warm smile, letting him know that Lo'ak would be okay. He smiled back at me, his pearly teeth shining in the sun.

"Let's show them the tree of spirts." Tsireya spoke up, Ao'nung and Roxto who had agreed with her. We all jumped into the water, calling own ilu's. Manu swam up, happily chirping as she swam in a circle around me. I patted her on the head before bringing my braid around the from of my body, creating the bond with her.

We swam through coral reefs and seaweed, the ilu's weaving around, over and under them. School of fish parted as we passed through them, Tuk reaching out from the back of Kiri's ilu to touch them.

The ilu swam up to the surface, everyone catching their breath quickly as they did.

"The Cove of the Ancestors. It is best to be here during eclipse." Tsireya spoke, her voice showing just how enthusiastic she really was.