Noä Pt. 2

"End of discussion!" Ronal roared at her daughter. The two had gotten into another argument, the day after the news was broken to Y/n. Ronal was helping her daughter get ready for the feast, introducing the clan to their new future leader.

"I don't want to be mated with someone I don't love!" I yelled back at my mother. She hissed at me, her tail swishing through the air. The rest of my family sat near the corner of the hut, watching the scene unfold.

"Fine. Get ready by yourself. Drewan and his family will be here soon. I expect you to be presentable and have a smile on your face when they arrive." My mother snapped as she walked angrily out of the hut. No doubt going to talk to her friends about my behavior towards her.

I huffed and threw the clothes that were in my hands on the ground harshly, screaming out in anger. My dad and brother shared a look, deciding it would be best to go practice their warrior skills.

Tsireya stayed behind, a look of sorrow filling her eyes for her older sister. The young girl knew that her sister did not want to go through with this.

"I can help you if you want." Tsireya spoke softly, just barely gaining my attention. I nodded, quickly moving my hand to wipe away a stray tear that had rolled down my cheek.

Tsireya moved towards me, picking up my thrown clothes and handing them back to me. She ushered me into my secluded room, letting me change. I huffed as I untied the clothes that were hung on my body, slowly placing the new clothes over my figure.

"Tsireya can you tie this top please." I spoke, hoping my sister would hear me. I heard her walk into my room, her fingers moving quickly to tie my top. She turned me around, looking at my newly dressed figure with a smile.

My new outfit consisted of a woven top of white string that is harvested from the bottom of the reef. Some large and small shells were woven into the string. There was not much covering my breast, the top only covering the nipple. The bottoms were woven from different colored string, the loincloth flowing down in front of my legs.

I cringed at my outfit, but non the less though that it flattered my body very nicely.

"Come, I will help you pick out accessories." Tsireya spoke. I let her grab my hand and drag me to her room, standing next to her as she kneeled down onto the floor to look in her chest of accessories.

"This one!" Tsireya gasped as she stood up and faced towards me. A shell adorned head piece rested in her hands as she moved towards me. I bowed my head down a little, Tsireya placing it gently on top of my head.

"Y/n..." A voice spoke, but stopped quickly. Tsireya and I turned our heads to see my father and brother standing in the entrance of our hut. Both wore proud smiles on their faces as they looked at me.

"...You look beautiful daughter." My father spoke as he moved towards me, taking my face in his hands. I smiled up at him, watching as his eyes crinkled when he smiled.

"I guess you look alright, sister." Ao'nung joked. I hissed at him, my twin putting his hands up in the air.

"I'm kidding. You look great. Drewan is going to be a lucky boy." He spoke as he hugged me.

"Daughter, I am sorry." A new voice spoke. The four of us turned our heads to see Ronal standing in the frame of the hut. I bowed my head slightly, accepting her apology. "You look stunning my girl. Any man is lucky to be promised to you." She finished. A light smile was placed on my lips at her words.

The conch shell was blown, signaling the arrival of Drewan and his family. I took a deep breath as my mother placed her hands on my shoulder.

"Are you ready, my dear girl?" She spoke lightly. I nodded and followed her out of the hut, my family walking down to the beach to greet them.