《 43. Carousel 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Chasing after you is like a fairytale, but I
Feel like I'm glued on tight to this carousel

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

— That Evening —

"What? You guys actually went to the Coral Sea?" Ruggie echoed curiously. He was surprised you went and did it.

Your trio were talking to Leona and Ruggie in the lounge of the Savanaclaw Dorm. It was late at night, so rarely anyone was around.

Leona held his temple with his fingertips. "Hah, you're too dumb." He uttered.

You shot him a threatening look. Pardon?

"Ffgna!?" Grim jolted with shock. What was that reaction?! "You're the one who told us to hurry up and do something!"

"Hmph, no one told you to go directly to the sea, dumbass." Leona scoffed with a cross of his arms. He closed his eyes.

"Your time is limited, but I was implying for you to use your brains and think of alternatives first."

"There's no way to beat merfolk head on in the water, no matter how you struggle. It's like you're trying to get eaten." Leona finished.

Jack picked up on that. It sounded like he was already aware. "...Umm, Leona, did you know that they were merfolk?" He glanced over at the lion.

"Pretty much." Leona replied nonchalantly.

"I saw Floyd go back to his original form during out joint swimming lessons last summer, so..." Ruggie chimed in before grimacing. It was truly a sight to behold. Floyd was way too fast, not to mention scary looking. "If he came at me like that in the water, I feel like my story would be over."

Jack glared at the two. He couldn't believe them. How could they hold vital info like that? "You should've warned us about that, at least!"

"Weren't you guys the ones that jumped in without gathering information first?" Leona retorted, correcting him.

The corners of his lips turned upwards. "If you had asked, I would've told you all about it."

Ruggie nodded in agreement. "Yeah yeah. You've gotta be wary before you act. Shishishi!"

"Those who can't look ahead will starve on the savanna." The hyena grinned mercilessly at you and Jack.

You inaudibly sighed. As much as you wanted to mad at them for withholding such important info from you, you couldn't. While it was cruel of them to do it purposefully, it was your own fault for jumping in like that. You didn't want to blame Grim or Leona. The only person to blame was yourself.

You wanted that info before going, but decided against it.

Meanwhile, Grim was growling up a storm. He was shooting daggers at the two of them. Unlike you, he was totally pissed. "You guys are jerks, yanno!"

Jack began deciphering the pieces and putting them together. Since you couldn't talk, he'd do his best for you. He ran a hand through his silver hair. "So, this means that Azul planned on getting in our way from the beginning?"

"Obviously." Leona retorted. Oddly, you found his curt response rather agreeable.

"The Leech Brothers are pretty famous for being Azul's lackeys and for being a hindrance to people who made deals with them." Ruggie explained.