《 ♡ Bonus Track 3: Welcome To The Internet (Part 3) ♡ 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Apathy's a tragedy
And boredom is a crime

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

The two days waiting for the parts to arrive went by rather quickly. In the meantime, you'd either study, practice magic, read history books, or visit Rosalia or your other friends.

Then, the day finally came. You were reading when Grim burst in your room. "(Y/N)!"

Placing a bookmark on your page, you closed your book. "Yes Grim?" You glanced at him as he ran up to your feet.

"Yuu's working on this weird box thingy!" He explained, pointing to the door with his paw. Grim's vague description made you raise a brow, but then you quickly understood what he meant. The two of you went into the lounge.

Yuu was seated on the wooden floor with a large steel box in front of him. Boxes of varying sizes and designs were neatly placed around him, with a few opened and others untouched. On the ground were also strange looking devices, which you assumed were parts for the computer.

Gone was his blazer, and the sleeves of his dress shirt were rolled up and his tie was loosened. A quizzical yet calculating expression donned his visage. He was hyper-focused on his work. Though you didn't want to admit it, seeing him in his element made him look more alluring.

He glanced up and met your eyes. "Oh, hey." He smiled.

Like moths to a light, you and Grim were drawn over to the mysterious object. You carefully studied all the parts, taking in the display with wide eyes.

So this is the computer... It looks interesting.

It was a box, akin to the ones you saw at school, but this one was much fancier and futuristic looking.

Yuu patted the empty space next to him. "Come here, (Y/N). You should see this." He insisted. You walked over and sat beside him on your legs.

He leaned closer to your side, and held up a small square chip in front of you. It was about the size of your palm, perhaps even smaller. "This is the CPU. It's a piece of the computer, and controls most of the things on it."

That tiny thing? You were amazed.

Yuu pointed to the corner of it, revealing a glowing blue piece on the chip. It a nearly microscopic blue dot. "Here's the crystal core that Ortho was talking about." He observed. It was interesting to him how it was set up. Out of all the things he's seen in this world so far, this took the cake as the instance of magic which impressed him the most.

"Basically, it'll make your computer go.... super fast." He added, smirking pridefully. You expressed your excitement. "Sounds good to me!"

Even though you didn't understand as much as Yuu did, you were still fascinated by all of this technology stuff.

"Could you hand me that fan?" Yuu asked. The box was next to you.

You picked up the strange box. "This one?" And he nodded.

When you gave him the box, your hands brushed against each other. For some reason, the feeling made your heart race.

After that, you quietly watched as he continued assembling the parts together, and you followed him every step of the way. Once in a while, you'd break the peaceful silence by asking questions, and he was happy to answer them.

You felt like you learned a bit more about technology, and more about Yuu himself. Though you knew about his formal demeanor, he had his moments where he could be very technical. It was another reason why he was so smart, because he understood how machines work and how to assemble them.