《 45. Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

I'm the sweetest girl in town
So why are you so mean?

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Azul and the Leech brothers stood in front of the door to the exit. The tension in the VIP Room was rising, and everyone was itching for a fight.

As much as you wanted to run, you couldn't. They were blocking the door, and they could stop you with their magic. You'd just have to stall the fight until the way was clear.

Leaf barrier! Without a moment to hesitate, you summoned a protective shield over your group.

Just in time too, because Floyd sent an attack your way. The shield absorbed the blow.

"Hmm, not bad." He commented with a hum. You had pretty good reflexes.

However, you weren't prepped for the onslaught of attacks from all three of them. They were much more coordinated than your group.

"Prepare yourself." Jade sent out a water based attack.

Stepping forward, you countered his blast with a nature spell. The magic absorbed the attack and it faded away.

You fired a couple of spells back, trying your best to keep up. You weren't going to get overwhelmed like your previous fights. All the studying was going to pay off!

However, Azul had much more prowess that you. He sent out a water blast that instantly shattered your shield. Your eyes widened in horror upon realization.

He was quick to send another attack and it hit you on impact. You let out a hiss from the minor blast.

Azul followed up with another attack sent to the others.

Jack huffed. Just like you, he was having trouble keeping up with them. They were way too strong. "Argh... I never knew housewardens were this powerful!"

No kidding... though you expected as much.

"If you can't do this much, stealing the contract is out of the question." Azul retorted, his face contorting into a sneer. He wanted to beat that despair into your heads. Perhaps this fight would finally be the nail in the coffin.

The eels stood close to each other. They stood calmly, as if this fight meant nothing to them.

Why were they even fighting again? "Shouldn't you guys be hustling over to the Atlantica Memorial Museum?" Floyd wondered aloud.

If he remembered correctly, your group didn't have time to stall. It had been around two days already. "Your deadline is sunset tomorrow. The clock is ticking, you know." Jade felt the need to remind you.

Floyd gripped his shoulder. Threateningly, he beamed at you and your group. He suddenly had an idea. "Well, if you got beaten up and stayed to rest in the infirmary, your time will run out faster~"

You'd rather not admit it, but... Floyd has a point...

Still, everyone else in your group refused to give up. They were all still riled up and ready to fight.

"Get ready!" Deuce raised his magic pen. He was prepared for another attack.

Unbeknownst to him, Ace was planning to attack as well.

"Shit, I'm no good at summoning magic, but..." He pictured the spell in his mind. "Come forth, cauldron!"

A large metal pot appeared before them.