Chapter 69

"Ate—"

I smiled sadly at him. "Hunter and I... we are done, Seven. We shouldn't force ourselves to be like before because it's not happening anymore."

"Pero ate, he wants you back..."

I know that he doesn't want me back because he's already dating someone else. What kind of torture does he want me to go through?

I was about to say something but Lolo called my name.

"Are you sure, Zirconia?" Lolo asked me. "Because I am willing to collaborate with him if it means that all of you can work lesser hours here."

I nodded and pursed my lips. "I can work on my own here... They don't need to help me anymore. I'd rather work extra hours than work with him."

Working alone and being busy will also keep my mind off of him so I really need this. I need the extra workload and the peace.

Lolo nodded and clasped his hands together. "Then, I'm leaving the company to you." He glanced at Seven. "As for Zacharias Seven, if he wants to train early to lessen Zirconia's workload that would be much appreciated."

Fear consumed me because it felt like he was making Seven work against his will and out of fear and we don't want that for our precious bunso.

I held Seven's hand and squeezed it. "You don't have to do that. Enjoy what you are doing."

"Working here would secure your finances, Zacharias Seven." Lolo crossed his arms. "It is a better choice than being an athlete..."

My hand clenched and I gritted my teeth to stop myself from saying anything but when I saw the grim look on Seven's face something in me snapped.

"Seven is good in basketball and you shouldn't force him to enter this godforsaken field in exchange for what he has now."

Lolo shrugged. "I just want him to keep his options open. Basketball shouldn't be the priority."

"You don't have the right to tell him that," I said coldly. "You don't have the right to question his priorities."

"Ate..." Seven put his hand on my shoulder as if he was stopping me from saying anything more. "It's okay..."

I shook my head while glaring at our grandfather. "I'm working so everyone else doesn't have to and that includes Seven..."

Lolo sighed and nodded. "Okay... Do whatever you want but if you overwork yourself, Zirconia, I have no other choice but to let Mr. Montagne take over."

My lips parted and gave him a confused look. I was expecting that he'll lash out because that is what usually happens.

If only he was like this before... It could have been easier to fight for what I wanted...