Chapter 74

"How are the businesses going?" I asked Trevor while we were video conferencing. I had to ask that because based on Shaun's report earlier when he dropped off Zia's pajamas, Trevor is having difficulties with the automobile shop.

"Can you tell Apollo not to piss Ms. Montellano off?" Trevor said with a frustrated look. "I know he has had a crush on her forever but he's causing the delays in the work because Ms. Montellano refuses to come to work when Apollo's in the office."

I sighed. "Why is he even there? That's not his job."

"I don't know..." Trevor groaned and massaged his temples. "The automobile shop is doing okay, we're just a little short on people, and more cars are coming in but it's still manageable so you don't have to worry about it."

I nodded. "Anything else?"

"That's about it..." Trevor trailed while reading something on his laptop. "You don't have to worry about anything, you can enjoy your honeymoon—"

"This is not our honeymoon," I said and shook my head. "But I would appreciate it if you keep the problems to a minimum and stop Apollo from causing more problems."

"Talk to him..."

"Ask Max to ask Quinn to talk to him..."

"Oh, no..." Trevor grimaced. "We're resorting to Quinn already?"

"We've told him a million times not to disturb Ms. Montellano but he's not stopping. That shouldn't be our problem, that should be his problem and I'm sure Quinn would happily talk to him for us."

"Okay..." Trevor said while nodding slowly. "I'll tell Quinn."

I finished my short meeting with Trevor and went back to Zia. She was busy with the books that I bought her yesterday. I know that she studies hard but now that she's not with them, she can lessen the pressure on her shoulders. I am also certain that she can still get that top spot in the exam without reviewing that much because she's that good.

I sat beside her but she ignored me and kept on reading her book while eating the granola bars that I prepared for her earlier.

I scooted closer to her but she was too focused on her book. I sighed and scooted a little closer and she turned to me with a smile.

"Kumusta 'yong pag-uusap niyo ni Trevor?" she asked and rested her back on my chest while she was still holding her book. "Hindi naman ba istorbo 'tong ginawa natin sa trabaho niyo?"

"Not really, everything is okay and Trevor can handle it." I gave her a reassuring smile. "You don't have to worry about my work or my school, Zirconia. You should only think about what is best for you."

"That's your career, Hunter, and you're putting it at risk because of me." She frowned. "I cannot not worry about you."

I smiled inwardly and kissed her temple. "It feels nice that you're worried about me but you don't really need to do that."