II

Kathryne Webster.

The most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I couldn't believe I ever let her slip away from me.

After having lunch at what I found out was Kristen's place, I realized that I had missed so much of their life.

Kathryne and I used to be connected at the hip. We were inseparable. No one could ever get between us, no matter what the situation was.

I always saw her as a little sister until high school. I finally realized that I had loved her all along and I built up enough courage to ask her out.

She said yes of course, because she felt the same way. We dated all through high school and when senior year rolled around I was accepted into the California young arts academy for acting.

Kathryne was happy for me, but I could tell she was crushed. So I did the unthinkable.

I asked her to marry me.

She accepted....but I didn't exactly keep my word....

~

Ten years ago

"Katy we can both move to Cali! UCLA is a great school!"

"I don't know Brandon....my family's here."

"Yea...I know."

"You go....after the orientation you have to come back anyway. By then we'll graduate and I'll go to California with you."

I kissed her and hugged her tiny body.

"I love you Kathryne. I promise that once I come back, we'll get married and live an amazing life in California."

"Yea?" She smiled.

"Yea..."

Little did I know that the orientation I was recieving in Cali was so much more. They offered me a job as a full time actor and then that was it. My career was in high gear and before I knew it ten years had gone by and not once did I get to see Kathryne.

After about a dozen movies, getting three Oscars and dating about four girls, I decided to come home.

Come home to the peaceful town of Senoia, Georgia where it all started. Where my life began.

~

My cell phone rang suddenly and I walked out the shop to take the call.

"What's up boss?" I answered my manager.

"Where are you?! I give you a half an hour lunch break and you take an hour! Who do you think you are?!"

Brandon Miller...

"I'll be there soon Craig...."

"No you'll get over here now! And make it snappy! Let's go!"

I was about to say something but the line went dead and I jumped back in my car to get back to set.

As I drove I saw everything that used to be mine. The old playground that Katy and I played on as kids. The elementary and middle school, the high school where I played football and acted on the side. Where I realized that Kathryne was the only girl I ever wanted to love.

Once I got to the set, I was surrounded by makeup artists, producers, and the director.

"Let's go Brandon, you're late. We're shooting the next scene in five."

I sighed and got into a golf cart to be driven to the scene.

"Hey babe." I heard someone call behind me.

"Ashley...hi."

"Where have you been? Craig said you played hookey this afternoon?"

"This is my hometown Ash...I wanted to see some friends."

She smirked and took hold of my shoulders. "I am your friend."

I rolled my eyes as she gragged me to our next scene.

Ashley Baxter. An up and coming new celebrity actress who had recently taken more interest in me than I had cared to in her.

She knew what she wanted in this world and wasn't afraid to get it.

"Alright people! There we go! Scene 1, take 1, action!"

I got into character and walked slowly over to where Ashley or in this case, Jessica, was sitting.

"Is this seat taken?" I asked in my actor voice.

She looked up from her magazine and shook her head. "I don't believe it is."

"Tanner." I smiled giving her my actors name.

"Jessica." She smiled taking my hand softly.

"And...cut! Beautiful! Next scene, let's go!"

The rest of the day went the same as always. Went through each scene that needed to be shot in that location then move on to the next the next day.

I sighed as finally laid in my hotel bed to end the day. So but was on my mind, now that I was here in Senoia. So much had changed and whatever I really came here to do I needed to do it fast because the one person that I had loved all my life....wouldn't be here forever.

****

Comment what you think!

:)