XVII

READ PREVIOUS CHAPTER FIRST!!

Made some changes that are very important!

***

Kristen~

I wiped down each table in the cafe one more time before heading to the back, but then Josh called me over to the window.

"Hey babe. Isn't that Brandon Miller?"

My heart raced a little and I ran to the window to see the celebrity for myself. Worse part, was that he wasn't alone...

~*~

Kathryne~

Nathan and I had been playing our wedding for two months now and everything was going perfectly.

Mom had everyone in the town knowing that her youngest daughter was engaged and dad had finally ended the interrogation sessions with Nathan.

"Katy..." I heard someone whisper.

I went around the corner of my kitchen and I felt a hand around my waist that instantly pulled me into our down stairs bathroom.

"Nathan! You scared me!"

"I'm sorry...it's just that with everything going on we haven't a moment alone yet."

I smiled and kissed him gently. "You're cute."

"Why thank you."

He moved to give me another kiss but was interrupted by Kristen screaming my name.

"Katy! Katy I need to talk to you!"

"Well...moment ruined." He laughed.

We left the bathroom to find Kris in a panic with Josh by her side.

"You, and mom in the kicthen. Now."

"Okay...I I'll be back in minute." I told Nathan.

"Kris what's going on?"

"Where's mom?"

"Upstairs. Why?"

"Let's go there."

Kris gragged me up the stairs and grabbed our mother to talk in her old room.

"Alright. Out with it. What's the panic all about?"

"Katy I don't want this amazing moment to be ruined. You know that right?" She asked.

"Yea of course."

"Okay well what I'm about to tell you could put a damper in your moment."

I chewed on my cheeks for a little bit pondering every negative thing that could ruin my wedding vibe right now.

"What is it?" Mom asked.

"Brandon came back into town today."

"Oh." I mumbled.

"With...Ashley."

"Oh..."

"Don't be upset. He is not worth being upset over."

"Your sisters right Katy. Nathan is your fiancé. Be happy. Besides you don't know why Brandon's here and how long they'll be staying."

"What if Ashley's here to meet his mom....what if they're getting married too...."

"Kathryne. Don't do this to yourself."

"You're right. I'm not going to get anxious about this."

My mom and sister held me close as we came into a group hug.

"Love you..."

~*~

"Everything okay?" Nathan asked me once we came downstairs.

"Yea. Are you staying for dinner?"

"Of course."

That night dinner was somewhat normal. We all laughed until we almost cried, and mom went on about the plans that she had for me and Nathan's rehearsal dinner.

"Mom...you do realize that Nathan and I aren't getting married for another couple of months right?"

"Of course she does.." My dad chimed in. "You know how she always has to plan in advance, Katy."

"Sorry. Forgot."

The dinner was great. But later I couldn't help but think of Brandon and Ashley. Their movie had already come out (and it was amazing) but what were they doing in Senoia?

"What are you thinking about?" Nathan asked me as he handed me a hot coffee.

We decided to take walk to what became our favorite spot, the mill.

"I'm getting married..."

"Me too." He smiled. "Is your fiance a good guy?"

"The best."

"Mine too. She's beautiful. I really don't know how I got so blessed."

"My words exactly."

I loved having dialogue moments like these. It was almost as if he was letting me write a part of our story. Which is exactly what we were doing everyday. Writing another chapter in our lives that would soon be forever.

"I have to get going. Remember I have that book tour this week..." Nathan sighed.

"Right. I really wish I could come with you."

"It's not too late for me to book you a ticket."

I smiled but declined. "I got the grant to open up my own business remember? I start planning this week."

"Of course."

We sat a little longer in the moonlight. Neither of us wanting to get up. I wanted time to stand still for a moment, and for awhile it almost felt like it did.

"I love you Katy..."

"I love you Nathan..."

****

Short chapter...I know.

It's really just a filler chapter and I deeply apologize for that, but trust me the juicy stuff is coming up ;)

Comment. Vote. Share.

Love yall with all my heart and soul!!

*picture is of shops in Senoia*