VIIII

I couldn't believe I had lost her again. AGAIN.

How was I doing this? How was I able to lose someone so amazing yet again?

"You ready to go babe?" Ashley called from the kitchen.

"Stop calling me that." I said firmly.

She rolled her eyes and handed me my phone. "Craig won't stop calling. I think you should answer."

"No. I'm not answering another call of his until he gets me out of this mess."

"Oh my gosh get over yourself Brandon! Craig is doing everything he can for you. The sooner you learn to accept this, the sooner we can have a relationship."

"It's not a relationship Ash, it's a fluke for publicity. The sooner you understand that, the sooner we can be done with each other."

Ashley tossed my phone into my lap and chucked my jacket at me. "Get ready. We're leaving."

I slammed the door behind her and wanted more than anything to get on a plane and fly straight back to Senoia. Although that would probably be a death wish now that I had left Kathryne again.

Maybe I should just put up with the fake relationship and deal with my managers ridiculous way of living.

I twirled my phone in my hand and scrolled through my contacts until I found Katy.

My thumb hovered over the call option next to Katy's name and I felt my heart race at the thought of hearing her voice again. Her sad, disappointed voice...

I did it anyway. I had to.

She answered on the third ring and all I could hear was laughing on the other line.

"Hello?" Katy laughed.

"Katy? Katy it's Brandon."

"Oh. Hi..." She laughed again. "Uh sorry Nathan just rescued me from Kim's baby shower nonsense so we're going out to dinner."

"Nathan?"

"Nathan Testa. He's new in town. Say hi Nate." I heard her giggle.

"Hi..." A man said slowly. "Am I really talking to Brandon Miller?" He laughed.

"Katy? Katy look I wanted to-"

"Oh sorry Brandon we're heading into the resturant. I won't have good reception. Bye."

She hung up and I was left sitting in shock. Kathryne Webster had moved on. She no longer cared about me, or had any feelings toward me what so ever.

"Brandon!" A voice called at the door. This time it was manager Craig.

"Coming!" I shouted and quickly got dressed. "Come in!"

"What is going on with you?!" Craig shouted. "I give you this amazing new deal and you blow me off like a rag doll."

"Well maybe you would've let me use my real girlfriend instead of Ashley, things would be great."

"Is this really still about the girl? The small town country girl that had nothing to offer you?"

"Do not talk about Kathryne like that!"

"Brandon wake up! You are a movie star! You're about to release one of the biggest love stories of your life and you have a wonderful girl that is willing to do anything for you."

"Ashley?"

"Ashley."

I messaged my temples and thought about the conversation that I had just had with Katy. She had after all moved on. She was no longer mine and I was no longer hers. Maybe it was time for me to except that.

"Ashley is pretty hot." I shrugged.

Craigs face lit up and I could tell that he was already planning out a wedding.

"Brandon you are not going to regret this! Oh man! I am going to get you the best Christmas present this year!" Craig smiled as he did a little dance. "Get ready alright? The car will be here in ten to pick you up."

I nodded and Craig gave me a pat on the back. "You're gonna be doing big things Brandon Miller. Big things."

After he left I sighed and realized that this was what I asked for. I wanted to be in the acting and movie business and to learn enough to the point where I could be a producer and later a director.

"Brandon....cars here." Ashley said slowly opening the door.

"Thanks Ash." I smiled and she nodded.

I put on my jacket and stuck my phone in the pocket of my pants.

"There's paparazzi so Craig wants you to walk out first...." Ashley said barely looking at me.

"Hey..." I said gently lifting her chin. I kissed her softly and she blushed.

"What was that? What about Katy?"

"You were right. It's not gonna work out. Besides...I kind of like what I see here."

"Really?" She flirted.

"Yea..." I smiled.

"Alright well then let's go."

"After you..." I told her as I wrapped my arm around her waist.

Cameras flashed all around us and Ashley and I smiled wide for every one of them.

Once we got to the car, she stopped, wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me hard.

It wasn't terrible but something stirred inside me like...guilt.

I pushed it to the side though and kissed her back. This was the life I had chosen. I needed to live it.

****

Who else wants to punch Brandon?!?!

I love hearing your comments so don't be afraid to tell me what you thought about this chapter.

Love yall!!