*Moon Goddess POV*

He stopped before he touched her and looked at Lysander. Seeing the crown, he bowed his head before reaching his arms out to Kitarni.

He looked at her and could tell she was sick from the distance between them. Other mates experienced this so Lucian wasn't surprised that she was being effected. He leant down and placed a kiss on her head.

A couple seconds later her eyes gently opened, making Lucian's tears fall. She looked up and saw Lucian and smiled softly.

"Mate." She whispered before reaching her hand out for Lucian who took her hand and kissed it before placing it under his neck laughing from relief.

Lydia sighed and patted Lucian's back.

Lysander let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry Kit." Lysander whispered looking down at his sister.

Kitarni reached her arms out to Lucian who swiftly and gently pulled her into a hug. He held her tightly as a tear fell.

Kitarni pulled away and turned to face her brother. "Lysander, this is Lucian. He is my mate." She said softly, still with one arm wrapped around him.

Lysander looked up from his beta and looked at Lucian. He finally felt in his heart that it was time to let her go.

"Take care of her." Lysander said looming sternly at Lucian.

"I will." He said firmly.

"You better or I can come ashore too." He returned placing a hand on his sister's cheek.

"I'll miss you little sister." Kitarni took his hand and held it tightly. "You will still see me brother. I promise."

Lysander smiled and waked his hands over Kitarni and suddenly her tail disappeared becoming legs. "Oh my god. Thank you so much brother." Kitarni cried.

She looked up at Lucian and he smiled down at her.

Lysander leant down and picked up a shell, using his other hand he waved over it causing it to glow and turn into a necklace. He picked it up and placed it around her neck. "Whenever you wear this and wish for your tail it shall appear. Your powers are still there in your human form should you ever need them."

Kitarni nodded tears coming to her eyes as she held tightly onto Lucian.

Moments later, Melody, Alex and every mermaid and merman appeared above water including every seas creature that Kitarni had befriended in her life under the sea.

They came above to say goodbye.

Both Lucian and Lydia's eyes widened staring at them all.

"Princess Kitarni, you will be missed." Lysander said, finally letting go.

Kitarni nodded happily and took Lucian's hand. After a few seconds of silence, the merfolk returned to where they came and Kitarni turned to Lucian and jumped up, knocking him under the water.

As he came up he began laughing as did Kitarni and they kissed again.

"Lydia." Kitarni called rushing over to hug Lydia who happily returned the hug.

Lydia quickly whispered into her ear that from the waist down she was naked, making Kitarni's face redden.

As they were waist deep in the water, it wasn't noticed. She quickly pulled Lydia in front of her making Lucian furrow his brows.

"What?" He asked.

"I haven't got pants." She whispered embarrassed. Lucian laughed and nodded his head, "I'll go get you something." He said before leaving Lydia and Kitarni.

Using her necklace, she turned herself back to a mermaid. She was still wearing her 'wedding' attire. She was wearing a piece of cloth covering her chest and left shoulder which was covered with strings of pearls and shells.

She was also wearing her crown.

While waiting for Lucian, she began swimming circles around Lydia flicking water at her with her tail.

"You could've told me you were a princess," Lydia laughed attempting to hit Kitarni who dodged it.

"Hey, I don't remember you asking." Kitarni laughed.

Minutes later, Lucian returned with a dress so she took the dress from Lucian. She turned her back and removed the old wedding top and she passed it to Lydia as she changed to her human form and slipped the dress on.

She began walking out of the water to meet Lucian before Lydia handed her back the top. Kitarni held it in front of her and moved her finger slowly over the shells before sighing. She turned around and threw it back into the ocean.

When she turned back around she took Lucian's hand and walked back to the pack house where everyone was waiting.

When they saw her they began applauding for her return as the little kids she used to sing to run over to her. Kitarni crouched down and hugged them all as they tumbled over her.

She was finally home.

I guess this is where you assumed that the story would be over for Lucian and Kitarni. On the contrary, the story has just begun. Lucian and Kitarni were finally able to go ahead with the Luna Ceremony. Kitarni was named the official Luna. Finally, the entire pack knew that Kitarni was a mermaid and they loved her all the more.