After spending their first night together, Kitarni woke up and attempted to roll over before feeling a weight over her stomach. "Good Morning." Lucian said, still keeping his eyes closed. "Lucian, move your arm." Kitarni groaned, attempting to move his boulder of an arm. He wrapped his arm round more and pulled her closely after grumbling. "Real mature. Lucian hurry, I need to pee." Kitarni said whining.

Lucian huffed and withdrew his arm before rolling onto his back to watch Kitarni jump up and sprint to the toilet. He chuckled softly before picking up Kitarni's pillow and plopping it on his face so he could inhale her scent.

After Kitarni used the toilet, she looked into the mirror and smiled at herself. She was so happy. She reached into the shower and turned the water on before hopping in. When Lucian heard the water running, he jumped up and ran to the bathroom. 

He came to the door frame and leant against it to watch Kitarni who was running shampoo through her long hair. "Hey, where was my invite?" He asked, raising his brows. Kitarni looked over at him and rolled her eyes before turning her back.

He laughed and smiled at the view before jumping in the shower to join her.

After a productive start to the morning, Kitarni got dressed and sat at the vanity desk in the room as Lucian went down to prepare their breakfast. Kitarni put on a pink dress that came to just above her knees and had white flowers along the neck and hemline.

Moments later, Lucian arrived in the room with a tray full of chopped fruits and a bowl of yoghurt with two spoons. Kitarni turned in the chair saw she heard Lucian enter the room and she got up and looked at the tray. 

"Lucian, you are the best." Kitarni smiled, stealing a strawberry and putting it in her mouth before running and jumping on to the bed. "I know." He said bringing the tray over to the bed before climbing in.

"What are we going to do today?"

"I was thinking about a short hike before going back to the pack house, I have a couple meetings later. An Alpha from another pack wants to talk with me about something."

"Oh sounds boring, the hike though sounds fun."

"You are like a hyper active toddler." Lucian laughed.

"I prefer hyper active mermaid. Thank you, very much." Kitarni giggled before stuffing her face with more strawberries.

Lucian laughed at her as he threw a grape in the air and caught it in his mouth. "Wow. Impressive." She laughed, giving a little clap. He bowed before stopping suddenly.

Kitarni looked at him confused as his eyes glazed over briefly. "Lucian is everything alright?" Kitarni asked, placing her hand over his arm. In a split second, Lucian snapped out of it and jumped to his feet before rushing over to the chest of drawers and pulling out some clothes. "Lucian. What is it?" Kitarni asked rushing over to him.

"Lydia just mind linked me. A witch was found near the border. She was delivering a message. A warning. They are coming for us before the next full moon." Lucian said swiftly pulling his clothes on before handing Kitarni her jacket. Kitarni's eyes widened as she pulled her jacket on.

"We need to return to start training the pack. We have fought rogues before nothing else. We are so unprepared. Witches have never shown interest in us before. What could they possibly want?" Lucian asked running through his hair.

They both raced back to the pack house where people were standing about worried. Once Lucian came into view everyone rushed over to him and began voicing their concerns. Lucian tried to speak with them but was unable to make out anything they said as their voices was blaring into one.

A large whistle echoed through the garden making everyone quieten their voices, as they looked over they saw Kitarni standing on the fountain. "Everyone, we know you are scared. We are going to commence training immediately. 

They may have witches, but they don't have a mermaid. I may not be as strong as strong as them but together, we are." Kitarni said loudly, instantly, they relaxed and began to listen to Lucian.

"Your Luna is right. One isn't strong enough to defeat witches, together, we are all capable of winning this upcoming war." Lucian said, raising his hand in the air. People began cheering and nodding to their Alpha. 

"We are uncertain of their numbers, so I will consult with neighbouring packs to join and help us win this war." Lucian yelled.

He soon after dismissed himself and went to his office, with Kitarni and Lydia following close behind him. Once the door was closed, Lucian sighed. "Girls. I need a minute, I need to ring in a couple favours and promise a few of my own." He said before going to his phone.

Lydia and Kitarni nodded and excused themselves.

A day later, the Alphas and their packs arrived. That is when the training began and carried on all day, every day. In the evenings, the packs would sit in the gardens and tell stories of old wars. Alliances were made in the evenings and friendships.