Minutes later, Kitarni was washed and dressed and back to her human feet.

Lydia guided her out to the garden. Lucian hadn't arrived yet, so she was left to wander around the garden, smelling the flowers.

Kitarni was wearing a pale pink dress that went to her knees with white flowers on it. Her hair was brushed and had two braids for a half up- half down style. She looked beautiful.

After a moment, Kitarni heard laughing and singing coming from the field near to the house. As she walked through the garden towards the noise, she stopped and smiled at the sight.

There was a group of women and children sitting around a fire singing songs.

Once she had gotten closer, a child noticed Kitarni and walked over to take her hand and bring her to the crowd of people. The women smiled and welcomed her warmly.

"My name is Chloe. What is yours?" The little girl asked Kitarni. "My name is Kitarni, but call me Kit." She said softly, her hand still in the little girl's.

As Kitarni sat on the floor cross legged, the girl jumped in her lamp and cuddled against her chest. Just then, Lucian walked over noticing how well his mate was fitting in.

He smiled brightly as someone approached him looking at his mate as he was. "You have a beautiful mate." She said, nudging Lucian's shoulder. "How did you know?" Lucian asked, still admiring Kitarni.

"A mother knows." Lucian looked over at Annalise, his mother and kissed her cheek before turning back to watch his mate who had the entire group captivated as she began to sing.

Others from the pack house came out, entranced by her voice.

The kids that were running around found their mothers and began to fall asleep in their laps.

After Chloe, the little girl had fallen asleep in Kitarni's lap, Kitarni gently picked her up and placed her in her mother's arms as she continued to sing.

Once she had finished singing, Kitarni looked over and saw Lucian standing there.

She skipped over to him and pulled him into a hug which he returned. "You're late." She said giggling, furrowing her brows at Lucian. "No, I'm not." Lucian laughed, pulling away from Kitarni.

"Kitarni, this is my mother, Annalise." Lucian said, pulling his mother closer.

Kitarni's smiled widened as she pulled Annalise into a hug, making Lucian's heart soar. "Pleasure to meet you. Please, call me Kit." As Kitarni pulled away, Annalise smiled at her and stroked her arm.

"Kit, pleasure to meet you my dear. I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. You will be perfect to keep my Lucian happy." She said laughing as she pinched Lucian's cheek.

"Mother, please." Lucian whined, rubbing his cheek making Kitarni laugh.

"Now, if you excuse us mother, me and Kitarni have a date." Lucian said, offering his arm out for Kitarni to take. She jumped and wrapped her arm around his before saying goodbye to Annalise.

They walked off over to a private part of the garden that Lucian was preparing for his mate. When he was young, he began planting flowers ready to give to his mate as a gift when he met her.

Once he opened the gate, Kitarni walked inside and was in awe.

"It's beautiful." She exclaimed, still looking over the garden. In her entire Life, Kitarni was never fortunate enough to ever see a garden like this. "It's yours." Lucian said smiling over to her.

She stopped and turned back to him to check if she had heard him right.

"As a child, I had dreamt of having my mate but never in a million years would I have imagined anything near as perfect as you. From a young age, I began making this garden for my mate. I just hoped she would love the garden." He said, laughing down at the floor.