*Kitarni POV*

Today was the day, I was going to tell Lucian. It was his birthday and I couldn't have thought of a more perfect time. Lydia had helped me prepare the gift for him and she was the only one who knew besides the pack doctor, I had to make sure everything was perfect. The Moon Goddess had finally answered my prayers.

I prepared a picnic for me and Lucian in the garden he made for me. Lydia helped me put up fairy lights and candles to make everything special. It had been so hard to keep it from him this past couple weeks, I was worried with his wolf hearing and smell and his wolf's ability to detect hormone changes, and I would have thought we would have sussed it out. Luckily, other packs needed assistance and guidance so we was mostly preoccupied.

Finally the evening rolled around and I had been avoiding Lucian all day. He was busy anyway and we promised the evening we would spend together. I ran to the garden and asked Lucian to meet me there. I stood there waiting anxiously, as I heard the stones move beneath his approaching steps, I felt like throwing up. Morning sickness, my ass.

Fortunately, I didn't.

As Lucian came around the corner, I shouted happy birthday.

His smile was worth keeping things quiet. "Kitarni. This is perfect." Lucian said, taking in all the decorations. He then ran over and embraced me in a hug. "I have a present for you and I have been holding onto it for a long time." I squealed. Lucian furrowed his brows before taking the wicker basket from me. We both sat down on the grass before he opened the basket. His eyes scanned the basket for a moment before he froze. The basket had a soft baby blanket in and on the top rested a pair of socks, a dummy clip, a baby hat and a little plaque that said 'little wolf, coming soon' on it. After Lucian saw this, his eyes darted to mine.

I nodded my head as tears came to my eyes.

He placed the basket down before pulling me onto his lap. "This is the best birthday present ever. Thank you so much Kitarni." He cried. "There is another present. It is for the both of us. The cake, I got Lydia to make with the coloured icing inside that will tell us what the gender of the baby is." It was the thing that I and Lucian could share in.

I passed Lucian the cake knife before moving the cake closer. He looked at me and smiled as he cut into the cake. After making the second cut, he pulled out the cake to reveal the colour blue. We both screamed and hugged each other. The moment was perfect.

**

Weeks had passed and I was 3 months pregnant. Despite being having my mermaid side, I was experiencing all the human symptoms of pregnancy that most werewolf mates didn't have. I tried to sleep of most of the symptoms and avoid people considering I was grumpy. Kelly would often bring me food and help when I was feeling sick as did Lydia. They did this when Lucian was being called away for pack business.

The pack BBQ came around and Lucian was consulting with Alpha Killian from dark blood pack and I didn't want to leave my room without him. So I told everyone to go and enjoy themselves and I enjoyed the peace of an empty pack house.

I ran downstairs and got myself some ice cream from the freezer as it was another hot day. As I returned to my room and closed the door, I heard a voice. "Kitarni." I quickly turned and dropped the bowl of ice cream, smashing it on the floor.

"Graven." I said, gulping.

"Please, forgive me. The war, I didn't want anyone to get hurt. We belong together and when you got stabbed, I got scared and I left. I heard you were alright so I had to come back for you." He said, stepping closer. I held my hand up to him and placed the other over my abdomen, making him look down. He couldn't see the small bump over my night gown until I pressed my hand to it instinctively.

His race went red and his nostrils began to flare.

"Graven, get out. Don't make matters worse." I warned. "You have made a big mistake. You mated with that dog. This isn't over." He shouted before rushing out of the window. I quickly called Lydia and said what had happened, I didn't want Lucian to worry especially when he wouldn't be back for two more days.

*Moon Goddess POV*

Lydia rushed back to the pack house and helped calm Kitarni down. She insisted that they should tell Lucian but Kitarni convinced her not to. She didn't want him to worry. After Graven had left that day, he went back to his home he had decided to rent considering he was no longer welcome in the Kingdom of Atlantica. He began devising a plan.

He decided to rent a boat and take it to the sea.